Accounts Payable Clerk
- 25964 US-2, Dover, ID 83825, USA
Thorne is a personalized health solutions company dedicated to improving individual outcomes through science and technology. For over 30 years, Thorne has led the nutritional supplement industry in providing researched-based, high-quality natural products, including foundational vitamins and minerals, therapeutic-focused nutritional supplements, and NSF Certified for Sport products. By leveraging cutting-edge research and personalized data through affiliate WellnessFX, Thorne offers customized preventive health solutions for
practitioners, their patients, and athletes.
The Accounts Payable Clerk follows established Administration procedures to compute, classify, record, and verify numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records for Thorne Research. Provides direct support to company management in the area of accounting. May work with one or more Accounting Assistants.
· Employee knows and follows the Accounting Department policies and procedures and Thorne Research policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Employee is at work as scheduled, starts work at the beginning of a shift, is on time to meetings, completes assigned tasks in a timely manner, and works overtime as required.
· Employee pays attention to detail. Employee completes paperwork accurately, neatly and fully.
· Employee becomes cross-trained in all areas of the Department and willingly works in different areas as assigned.
· Employee gets along with co-workers and supervisors. Employee responds appropriately to criticism and instructions from supervisors. Employee follows the Standards of Conduct as outlined in the latest version of the Thorne Research Employee Handbook.
· Employee accurately and efficiently processes all aspects accounts payable transactions, assuring processing is done in a timely fashion and according to department policy.
· Employee researches discrepancies or other abnormalities found in daily accounting practice in a timely manner, with limited supervision, and reports any significant discrepancies to management.
· Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
· Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying Federal ID numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos.
· Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
· Employee accurately and efficiently prepares Forms 1099, 1096, 1042, 1042T and 1042-S, assuring their submittal in a timely fashion according to departmental policy and governmental regulations.
· Employee takes initiative to make sound decisions within the guidelines provided, is consistent in their work, demonstrates the ability to use their time effectively, and sees projects through to a satisfactory end, without supervision.
· Employee performs other duties as assigned.
· Seek formal and informal performance assessments of self, including performance versus expectations and goals, behaviors, and leadership potential.
· Actively participate in required training and development programs and electives as suits one’s needs, and support colleagues, trainers, and management as appropriate with these efforts.
· Promote the Company’s Mission and Values, including an accountable, innovative, and results-oriented culture that promotes customer service, openness, teamwork, mutual trust, and respect.
Experience and/or Education: By training, education and/or experience, employee must be able to perform the essential duties of the job. Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred, and/or 3-5 years bookkeeping or accounting experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Ability: Employee has the ability to read and interpret documents such as procedures and instruction manuals and the Thorne Research Employee Handbook. Employee follows instructions, both verbal and written, and communicates effectively with supervisors, fellow employees, and customers.
Math Ability: Employee has the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages. Employee has the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Reasoning Ability: Employee has the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Employee has the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Computer and Technical Skills: Employee has knowledge of software such as Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as the ability to learn in-house computer programs.
· Develop and deliver on assigned objectives within requested timeframes.
· Possess good interpersonal skills.
· Engage others in a positive manner.
· Possess strong attention to detail.
· Possess strong verbal and communication skills.
· Raise issues and concerns promptly.
· Document and present work in a clear and concise manner.
THORNE RESEARCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER