EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIANS
- 1235 S Country Club Dr, Colby, KS 67701, USA
Thomas County Emergency Medical Services strives to provide the highest level of Basic and Advanced Life Support care and education to the community. Thomas County has a population of 7,900 residents. Colby is the county seat, with five other towns (Brewster, Levant, Rexford, Gem, Menlo) also located in the County. Interstate 70 runs through Thomas County. Thomas County Emergency Medical Services respond to “911” calls and assess the nature and extent of injury or illness to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed; complete patient transfers to and from medical facilities; and promotes public education through demonstrations and speaking engagements.
- Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls calmly, efficiently, and promptly.
- Facilitating Interfacility transports.
- Assess the nature and extent of injury or illness to establish and prioritize medical procedures to be followed.
- Communicates with professional medical personnel and treatment facilities to obtain instructions regarding further treatment and/or arrangements for reception of patient to appropriate facility.
- Promotes public education through demonstrations and speaking engagements.
- Participates in special committees as appointed.
- Completes all necessary paperwork.
- Understands and follows the rules of HIPAA Compliance and confidentiality as set forth in policy.
- Other related duties as deemed necessary or as required.
- A current First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- A current and valid State of Kansas Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) license.
- A current and valid National Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT) license.
- A valid Kansas Driver’s License.
- Ability to read/write legibly in English. Bilingual preferred (Spanish).
Emergency Medical Technician personnel include EMT-Basic, EMT-Advanced, EMT-Paramedic.
Job listing shall be posted until position(s) are filled.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.