- 575 5th Ave, New York, NY 10017, USA
Thinknum Media, the world’s fastest-growing, alternative-data-focused media outlet, attracting millions of readers from the business and investment community is looking for its next class of contributing writers. We’re a team of data journalists, researchers, and story tellers on a mission to tell stories based purely on the universe’s most factual element: mathematics.
In 2019, Thinknum raised its $11.6 million Series A to scale applications of alternative web data in finance, business, media and more.
Thinknum Alternative Data - parent company of Thinknum Media creates datasets from a broad array of public online sources, capturing ephemeral information on the products, operating markets and labor markets of 450,000+ global companies across sectors, and provides rich toolsets for extracting intelligence.
Thinknum has over 280 clients across major corporations and investment firms.
- Produce and edit weekly & monthly content for Thinknum Media
- Develop a community of contacts and sources
- Pitch stories internally to editors and externally to outlets for syndication and sourcing
- Meet daily with peers and senior editors to discuss content plans (don’t worry, some of these are just over a cup of coffee or tea)
- The ability to work on multiple projects of varying lengths and timeframes at the same time
- Strong catalog of clips and headlines
- Ability to write catchy, engaging copy and headlines
- Reliability and efficiency
- Attention to detail
- BSc/BA in journalism or relevant field
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- Health & Dental Insurance for employee and their dependents
- Enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Company happy hours, social events and outings