Site Reliability Engineer
- 575 5th Ave, New York, NY 10017, USA
Thinknum is one of the fastest growing web data software startups in the world.
Thinknum creates datasets from a broad array of public online sources, capturing ephemeral information on the products, operating markets and labor markets of 400,000+ global companies across sectors, and provides rich toolsets for extracting intelligence. Thinknum has 150+ clients across major corporations and investment firms.
Thinknum's founders met at Princeton University and worked at Goldman Sachs and a hedge fund respectively before starting the company.
We are looking for an experienced and results-driven Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) with solid knowledge of infrastructure and scalability best practices. You’ll be responsible for Thinknum’s infrastructure — (including security), CI/CD & deployment tools, monitoring and observability tools while working in a fast-paced startup environment.
This is a salaried position with full benefits. Visa sponsorship is available
- Expand and improve our monitoring solution for our infrastructure
- Manage users, roles, and privileges through AWS IAM
- Identify and eliminate bottlenecks while ensuring the speed and reliability of our products
- Run software performance analysis and system tuning
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Stay informed of and implement operational security best practices
- An obsession for building scalable, performant, and fault tolerant products
- Experience automating cloud infrastructure using tools such as Ansible, AWS Cloudformation, etc.
- Previous experience enforcing standard development processes through a proper CI workflow
- Basic programming skills
- Degree in Computer Science or related preferred
- Knowledge and experience with AWS
- Advanced knowledge in Vertica, Python
- Azure/Google Cloud knowledge
- Relational database tuning knowledge
- Professional or above AWS certification
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- Health & Dental Insurance for employee and their dependents
- Enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Company happy hours, social events and outings