Business Development Representative
- 575 5th Ave, New York, NY 10017, USA
Thinknum is a venture-backed alternative data software startup.
Thinknum creates datasets from a broad array of public online sources, capturing ephemeral information on the products, operating markets and labor markets of 400,000+ global companies across sectors, and provides rich toolsets for extracting intelligence.
Thinknum has over 150 clients across major corporations and investment firms.
Thinknum's media outlet has attracted more than a million readers in a single year of existence with its unique data-driven reporting. Our alternative data insights were featured over 200 times by The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, USA Today, Business Insider, Yahoo Finance, The San Francisco Chronicle, Quartz, Fast Company, CNN and many more.
You will be working directly with Thinknum's sales team to recognize, acquire and nurture new sales leads by means of outbound prospecting - industry events, cold calling, emailing and more.
Business Development Representative will represent Thinknum at industry's events and raise awareness about the applications of alternative data in the assigned territory. BDRs will also work closely with both sales and marketing teams on lead generation strategies and prospect nurturing programs.
This is a salaried position with full benefits and strong commission-based incentives.
- Generate new sales leads by means of outbound prospecting (industry events, cold calling and emailing)
- Work directly with sales and marketing to discover opportunities from leads
- Schedule meetings and product demos for Account Executives
- Understand Thinknum’s offerings, effectively communicate and apply them to each prospects needs
- Scale lead generation in the assigned territory by introducing new tactics and strategies
- Track and manage prospects through Salesforce.com
- Achieve and exceed monthly quotas and objectives
- Manage a prospect base consisting of specific target accounts in an assigned territory
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing team members to achieve organizational goals
- Support Account Executives to lead prospects further down the conversion funnel
- 1+ years of experience in Sales or Business Development
- Generalist with excitement, a passion for enterprise software sales
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Track record of success in a sales development / outbound roles
- The ambition and hope to grow and advance a career in sales
- Customer-facing experience
- Solid presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Health & Dental Insurance for employee and their dependents
- Enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Company happy hours, social events and outings