- 575 5th Ave, New York, NY 10017, USA
Thinknum Media, the world’s fastest-growing alternative-data-focused media outlet from Thinknum, is looking for an Associate Editor to join our media group. This will be a hands-on, in-house editorial role in our midtown Manhattan office. You’ll be part of a small-but-growing team of professional journalists and storytellers from CNBC, The Wall Street Journal, and Engadget, and will help us lead the charge into the future of business, finance, technology, and world-trend storytelling. Be prepared to work hard, own the scoops, and write your face off.
Thinknum is a venture-backed alternative data software startup.
Thinknum creates datasets from a broad array of public online sources, capturing ephemeral information on the products, operating markets and labor markets of 400,000+ global companies across sectors, and provides rich toolsets for extracting intelligence.
Thinknum has over 150 clients across major corporations and investment firms.
- Establish an editorial calendar, in concert with the deputy editor, of upcoming features and special packages
- Work along side the visual engineer, creative director and designers to produce outstanding data-driven tentpole pieces
- Bring new ideas to work every day
- Bring in great stories by established and emerging writers
- Write stories as needed for special packages
- Engage in process of packaging stories and projects for maximum impact—from headline to art to SEO optimization, social strategy and analytics review
- Pitch stories to outlets for syndication or for sourcing purposes
- Scour the news landscape and sources to generate pitches and story ideas
- Meet daily with peers to discuss daily, weekly content plans (don't worry; some of these are just over a cup of coffee)
- Support junior staff members and freelance writers on story packaging
- Excellent storytelling skills with an eye for great design
- Demonstrated experience in the field of journalism
- A fascination of and knowledge of the worlds of business and finance
- The ability to work on multiple projects of varying lengths and timeframes at the same time
- Experience with visual storytelling and producing special features
- Experience with data-front reporting
- A diverse list of media industry connections who are dying to cite your stories
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- Health & Dental Insurance for employee and their dependents
- Enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Company happy hours, social events and outings