- 575 5th Ave, New York, NY 10017, USA
Thinknum's media outlet has attracted more than a million readers in a single year of existence with its unique data-driven reporting. Our alternative data insights were featured over 200 times by The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, USA Today, Business Insider, Yahoo Finance, The San Francisco Chronicle, Quartz, Fast Company, CNN and many more.
Thinknum is a venture-backed alternative data software startup.
Thinknum creates datasets from a broad array of public online sources, capturing ephemeral information on the products, operating markets and labor markets of 400,000+ global companies across sectors, and provides rich toolsets for extracting intelligence.
Thinknum has over 150 clients across major corporations and investment firms.
If you’re obsessed with emerging markets, cutting-edge startups, and spending your days (and nights) thinking and writing about the future, Think Media may be the place for you. We’re adding a role to our growing team called “Innovation Editor”. This role will be a hands-on data journalism position focused on covering the most innovative companies and people in the world.
- Beat the news and reporting cycle and develop pitches and story ideas
- Develop a community of sources on innovation
- Producing and trafficking stories via CMS
- Pitching stories to outlets for syndication or for sourcing purposes
- Meeting daily with peers to discuss daily, weekly content plans (don't worry; some of these are just over a cup of coffee)
- A collection of representative stories published in well-known publications
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Proven storytelling acumen
- Thought leadership in this space
- Experience with data-front reporting
- A diverse list of media industry connections who are dying to cite your stories
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- Health & Dental Insurance for employee and their dependents
- Enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Company happy hours, social events and outings