Junior Data Engineer
- 575 5th Ave, New York, NY 10017, USA
Thinknum is a venture-backed alternative data software startup.
Thinknum creates datasets from a broad array of public online sources, capturing ephemeral information on the products, operating markets and labor markets of 400,000+ global companies across sectors, and provides rich toolsets for extracting intelligence.
Thinknum has over 300 clients across major corporations and investment firms.
Thinknum's media outlet - The Business of Business has attracted millions of readers in a single year of existence with its unique data-driven reporting. Our alternative data insights were featured by The Wall Street Journal, CNBC, USA Today, Business Insider, Yahoo Finance, The San Francisco Chronicle, Quartz, Fast Company, CNN and many more.
Thinknum is looking for a Junior Data Engineer passionate about alternative data and web scraping. The ideal candidate dreams of a web experience that is highly organized and categorized.
Must know python and be super comfortable exploring the DOM via Selenium and BeautifulSoup.
* Passionate about Web Scraping
* Expertise in Python
* Experience with Selenium, BeautifulSoup
* Understanding of the DOM, ORMs
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Remote Work & US Visa sponsorship available
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- Health & Dental Insurance for employee
- Enrichment stipend towards learning and development for your role
- Free dinner, and kitchens stocked full of snacks
- Company happy hours, social events and outings