- 12 E 52nd St, New York, NY 10022, USA
Thinknum is one of the fastest growing web data software startups in the world.
Thinknum creates datasets from a broad array of public online sources, capturing ephemeral information on the products, operating markets and labor markets of 400,000+ global companies across sectors, and provides rich toolsets for extracting intelligence. Thinknum has 150+ clients across major corporations and investment firms.
Thinknum's founders met at Princeton University and worked at Goldman Sachs and a hedge fund respectively before starting the company.
You are an experienced and result-driven Python back-end developer with solid knowledge of Django and database design skills. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment.
You will join a fast-growing startup which offers exciting opportunities to those that are willing to put in the work.
This is a salaried position with full benefits.
What We Need You To Do
- Use standard framework like Django
- Use cloud technologies - AWS, third party libraries
- Help establish an efficient engineering process in cooperation with an experienced engineering manager and product and project managers
- Optimize application for speed and scalability
- Design and Implement data storage solutions
What You Bring To Thinknum
- Hard-work and diligence (we work at least 50 hours/week and have a daily morning meeting at 8:30 am)
- Demonstrated expertise in Python
- Degree in Computer Science or related preferred
- At least two years experience in web crawling is required
- Familiarity with DOM and tools for parsing the DOM like Selenium and BeautifulSoup.
A strong sense of urgency and motivation to meet and exceed aggressive goals
What we are NOT looking for: If you are primarily interested in AI, Machine Learning, Blockchain, Research, or Management this job is not a good fit
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.