Frontend Software Engineer
- 12 E 52nd St, New York, NY 10022, USA
Thinknum is one of the fastest growing web data software startups in the world.
Thinknum creates datasets from a broad array of public online sources, capturing ephemeral information on the products, operating markets and labor markets of 400,000+ global companies across sectors, and provides rich toolsets for extracting intelligence. Thinknum has 150+ clients across major corporations and investment firms.
Thinknum's founders met at Princeton University and worked at Goldman Sachs and a hedge fund respectively before starting the company.
You will join a fast-growing startup which offers exciting opportunities to those that are willing to put in the work.
This is a salaried position with full benefits.
What We Need You To Do
- Building UIs for our web applications
- Implement complex data visualizations on top of our data
- Work closely with the product designer and UI/UX team
- Daily standups, weekly development cycles, etc.
- Testing, continuous integration
What You Bring To Thinknum
- Hard-work and diligence (we work at least 50 hours/week and have a daily morning meeting at 8:30 am)
- Produce clean, maintainable code
- Focused on shipping
- Self-motivated, independent, you can figure out problems on your own
- Comfort with async communication: GitHub, Slack, etc.
What we are NOT looking for: If you are primarily interested in AI, Machine Learning, Blockchain, Research, or Management this job is not a good fit
Bonus points for:
- Redux, MobX, or other state-management library in React
- GraphQL, Apollo (or Relay), Graphene (or similar)
- Python, Django
- SQL, Data warehouses, column-oriented databases
- Experience data analysis software (Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Worked on open-source software, side projects or apps
- Sense for beautiful design
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.