Manager, Financial Reporting & Consolidation (Purpose Financial)
- Montreal, QC, Canada
Who is Thinking Capital:
Thinking Capital is the leader in the Canadian Alternative Lending space, using technology to be at the forefront of the FinTech industry. Since 2006, they have helped more than 10,000 small-to-medium sized Canadian businesses reach their full potential. By combining their people and technology, we are transforming the way business owners get the capital they need to grow. For more information, visit www.thinkingcapital.ca
Who is Purpose Financial:
Purpose Financial is an independent financial services company with an unrelenting focus on customer-centric innovation, delivered through technology-driven solutions. the company is developing a diversified product platform aimed at addressing historically underserved segments of the market. Purpose Financials’ businesses include Purpose Investments, Thinking Capital, Zeta Tango, Purpose Advisor Solutions, and Purpose Innovation Labs. Our mission is to build a customer driven financial services firm through innovation in product, technology, capital and people.
The Manager, Financial Reporting & Consolidation will be responsible for Purpose Financial’s consolidation process including the review of intercompany transactions and eliminations. You will be responsible for coordinating, managing and supporting the monthly consolidated financial close process for timeliness, accuracy, and completeness.
- Coordinate, manage and support the monthly consolidated financial close process working closely with the accounting teams from different entities;
- Preparation and maintenance of the monthly financial close timeline, ensuring financial data is submitted in accordance with deadlines and that appropriate reviews of information submitted are performed;
- Preparation of monthly consolidating and eliminating journal entries;
- Preparation of monthly consolidated financial statements in compliance with IFRS;
- Analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual balance sheet, income statement and cash flow submissions including account reconciliations and variance analyses;
- Assist with monthly/quarterly financial reporting;
- Take ownership over certain Corporate Accounting functions;
- Take ownership of the consolidation framework including maintaining the integrity of the chart of accounts and related mapping between general ledger and accounts;
- Ensure compliance by adhering to internal control requirements, updating documentation and providing recommendations as appropriate;
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement focusing on streamlining, improving and automating processes;
- Perform analytical reviews of the Company’s consolidated financial statements (vs prior year, budget, trend, etc.) and investigate and provide explanations on identified variances;
- Perform ad hoc reporting and other analyses for management as requested.
We want to hear from you if you have the following skillset:
- 8+ years of public and private accounting experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required with a CPA;
- Hands on experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) software and Oracle;
- Strong technical skills including knowledge of IFRS and understanding of financial statement mechanics;
- Proficient in MS Office, including the ability to perform Excel;
- Demonstrated ability to provide practical, business-oriented legal advice and recommendations;
- Team-oriented; demonstrates a commitment to shared success above any personal accomplishment or recognition;
- Self-starter capable of working independently, as well as working effectively as part of a team;
- Highly organized with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment managing multiple projects in a timely manner;
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to different levels of the organization;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop collaborative relationships at all levels in the organization;
- Proven ability to adapt and respond in a fluid environment.
Why work for Thinking Capital:
- Great Team:
Surround yourself with high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission;
- FinTech Revolution:
Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital;
- Our Stack:
Our backend is a sophisticated service oriented architecture developed mostly in Java with a Spring framework. On the frontend side, our application is developed on an AngularJS framework. We use Git in coordination with the best DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Deployment to our AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Fast-Paced Environment:
Take on complex projects in a start-up like collaborative environment;
- Amazing Culture:
Amazing work spaces, advanced technology tools, subsidized lunches, Foosball table, super fun work events (Amazing Race, Murder mystery wine and cheeses, Wacky Olympics, Casino nights and legendary holiday parties and more). For more information take a look at our career page!
- Thinking Capital Academy:
Get the opportunity to grow and advance in the company through continuous professional training;
- Diverse Team:
Join an “at-will” equal opportunity team that prides itself on its diversity and harmony;