- Montreal, QC, Canada
Thinking Capital is the leader in the Canadian Alternative Lending space, leveraging technology to be at the forefront of the FinTech industry. Since 2006, they have helped more than 10,000 small-to-medium sized Canadian businesses reach their full potential. By combining their people and technology, Thinking Capital is transforming the way business owners get the capital they need to grow. For more information, visit thinkingcapital.ca.
The Program Manager is responsible for the successful planning, implementation and management of key projects across our organization and with external partners. The ideal candidate is highly driven, has superb organization and communication skills, and has a proven understanding of gathering corporate and customer needs to effectively manage a project to success. The role requires an understanding and alignment of Corporate objectives with Technology deliverables, as well as being responsible for the successful planning and management of key projects within the organization.
- Responsible for managing program/projects to scope, schedule and budget;
- Program/Project Leadership - provide direction to the project team, conduct regular status meetings to review project activities, periodic reporting;
- Ensure alignment and execution of program/project deliverables;
- Be the lead liaison and communicator between personnel, partners, developers and management in regards to championing information to ensure the project's success;
- Monitor and coordinate activities and responsibilities of those involved for effective program/project progression;
- Modify, redistribute or assign new tasks and responsibilities as appropriate throughout the entire program/project life cycle;
- Effectively monitor compliance in the program/project activities to ensure legal compliance, participant satisfaction and timely issue resolution;
- Conduct post-program evaluations with the ability to identify improvements for optimal process flow;
- Ad hoc support, as needed, to other projects within the team;
- Stakeholder Management: ensure that program initiatives meet leadership and/or customer expectations, timely communication / escalation to leadership;
- Gather relevant information quickly, make timely decisions and respond to challenges decisively;
- Risk, Issue, Resource management.
We want to hear from you if you have the following skillset:
- 5+ years of relevant experience;
- University Degree required;
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills;
- Skilled with Agile methodology;
- Highly motivated and very proactive individual;
- Strategic-thinker, with the ability to develop and implement innovative solutions;
- Strong collaborative relationship management skills with a variety of stakeholders including partners;
- Strong negotiation, influencing, decision-making and dispute resolution skills;
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skill;
- Driven personality with a keen ability to meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to guide and direct project participants for project success;
- Experience working with and reporting to Senior Management;
- Experience working in Software Development and/or Technology-driven environment;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and milestones with competing timelines;
- Experience using of project management tools and techniques;
- Bilingualism (English and French) an asset.
Why work for Thinking Capital:
- Our Mission:
To own the rails on which small businesses access credit in Canada.
- Great Team:
Surround yourself with high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission;
- FinTech Revolution:
Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital;
- Our Stack:
Our backend is a sophisticated service oriented architecture developed mostly in Java with a Spring framework. On the frontend side, our application is developed on an AngularJS framework. We use Git in coordination with the best DevOps practices for Continuous Integration and Deployment to our AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Fast-Paced Environment:
Take on complex projects in a start-up like collaborative environment;
- Amazing Culture:
Amazing work spaces, advanced technology tools, subsidized lunches, Foosball table, super fun work events (Amazing Race, Murder mystery wine and cheeses, Wacky Olympics, Casino nights and legendary holiday parties and more). Take a look at our career page for more information!
- Thinking Capital Academy:
Get the opportunity to grow and advance in the company through continuous professional training;
- Diverse Team:
Join an “at-will” equal opportunity team that prides itself on its diversity and harmony.