Lead Software Engineer
- Les Berges du Lac II Walkway, Tunis, Tunisia
Think.iT is a mission-driven venture dedicated to connecting brilliance with opportunity. We invest in North Africa’s future technology leaders, thereby helping companies tap into new talent pools and build top-performing engineering teams.
We leverage a proven, data-driven approach to recruiting and accelerating tech talent before integrating them as full-time distributed team members in leading engineering teams.
Backed by mission-aligned partners, Think.iT is providing a solution to the global talent shortage, while building a generation of technology changemakers in North Africa.
We are a passionate team of startup, tech and development professionals, determined to disrupt people's realities for the better - and we need bright minds like you to make this happen.
Do you have the potential, skills, and desire to become one of the top 10% Technology Leaders in the world
At Think.iT, we believe that Technology Leaders are defined by their ability to model, capture, and transfer the mindset and best practices of their craft to any technology professional from entry level developers to senior software engineers.
In this role you will nurture that expertise by daily investing in the next generation of North African technology leaders and help them gain the skills needed to succeed in international agile engineering teams.
Think.iT is seeking an experienced and driven Lead Software Engineer, who will own and guide our product roadmap as well as our Tunis technical programs to ensure highest customer satisfaction. You will build top-notch products to support Think.iT's scaling efforts and closely collaborate with a team of junior software engineers guiding the development of their skills as they work with our partner companies.
As the Lead Software Engineer, you will take on complex problems and develop top-quality solutions despite roadblocks, you will drive product velocity and deliver products with confidence. Ideally, you’ll have worked within a fast-paced environment where you’ve had to wear many hats and do more with less. Most of all, we’re looking for a natural leader who shares our passion for building bridges between tech talent and opportunity at scale.
We offer you a high degree of autonomy and responsibility from the start. You lead by example and are able to not only think big, but also deliver results while keeping a growth mindset and lifelong learning attitude. If that sounds like you we would love to hear from you!
- 3-5 years experience in Full-stack Software Development (JS, Python, Go);
- Experience with Agile Software Development Techniques and Tools;TDD & pair programming experience;
- Leading teams to build and deploy top-quality software products;
- Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology;
- The ability to learn new things fast whilst delivering value on it simultaneously;
- Solid verbal and written communication;
- Be a motivated self-starter who is also a team player with great cross-group collaboration skills;
- Capacity to mentor and guide junior Software Engineers;
These would also be nice:
- The ability to temporarily be located in Tunis, Tunisia;
- Setup Workshops, Bootcamps, Developer Groups or Forums
- Mentored or coached upcoming developers in a structured or unstructured setting
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation & equity options, that commensurate with experience;
- Participation in our exciting journey from the beginning to shape an innovative and sustainable solution that leverages exponential technologies for a more equitable world;
- A role of responsibility and leadership, which will steer the next chapter with the founding team;
- The opportunity to level up your social impact while working with an international team of smart, ambitious and genuine people with a big vision;
- The promise that we will make your personal growth a priority and the opportunity to prosper through your love to unlock the potential of others;
- Flexible work models and escapes to sunny Tunis whenever you feel like it 😉
Think.iT is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.