Software Development Engineer (Think.iT Fellowship)
- Berges du Lac I, Tunis, tn
Think.iT is a mission-driven technology collective dedicated to connecting brilliance with opportunity. We invest in North Africa’s future technology leaders, and help innovative companies tap into new talent pools and build top-performing engineering teams.
We leverage a data-driven approach to recruiting and accelerating talented engineers like you — before integrating them as full-time distributed team members in leading engineering teams around the world.
Backed by mission-aligned partners, Think.iT is building new solutions to the challenges of talent shortages and distributed teamwork globally — while nurturing the next generation of technology changemakers at home in North Africa.
Do you want to lead projects with world-class companies, solve problems with cutting-edge technologies (like blockchain!), and see the impact of your work?
Our two-year Software Development Fellowship is uniquely designed to accelerate your technical expertise and personal confidence as a technical leader. Our immersive bootcamp takes a holistic approach to peer-to-peer learning, personalized coaching, and skill development — to prepare you for partnering directly with international distributed teams hungry for your expertise.
As a Think.iT Fellow, we’ll help you craft and pursue your personalized growth path with close mentorship along the way — and a lifelong community of other Think.iTeers at your side.
Apply today to add your voice to the next generation of tech changemakers here in North Africa, and around the world!
· BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
· Must have graduated and be available to start in July 2018.
. Full professional proficiency in English; other languages are a plus.
· You are a Changemaker: You are a self-starter, lifelong learner, and advocate for human-centric technology.
· You are a Shipper: You respect deadlines, deliver products, and value excellence in your work.
· Strong object-oriented design and coding skills (Java and/or C++/C/Python) with experience in UNIX/Linux or Windows environments.
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
· You are not deterred by ambiguity or undefined problems, and have the ability to think abstractly.
· Previous technical internship(s) preferred.
The perks of our fellowship program include, but are not limited to:
· Competitive monthly salary and performance based bonus
· Collaborative and inspiring workplace
· Fast paced and collaborative environment
· Unique community and international startup culture
· Fiber-optic internet connection
· Free weekly team lunches
· Regular team activities and retreats
What you’ll gain as a Think.iT fellow
· International exposure through work with global technology companies
· Peer-to-peer learning with other bright minds
· Supported self-study technical curricula
· Personalized growth plan to foster professional and personal growth
· Mentorship and individual coaching
· A lifetime community of like-minded changemakers