Brand Communications Manager
- 47201 Lakeview Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538, USA
THINK Surgical, Inc. develops, manufactures and markets the only active robotic surgical systems for orthopedic surgery. The systems include two components: a 3D workstation for preoperative planning, and a computer assisted tool utilized for cavity and surface preparation for hip and knee replacement surgeries. The systems have been used in thousands of joint replacements worldwide.
The Brand Communication Manager will lead corporate and product brand development and the communications team in continually enhancing the brand images, market awareness, and multi-channel communications. The Manager will create a comprehensive global communication plan and implement strategies in multiple mediums that include; advertising, digital, social, surgeon conferences, public relations, and marketing materials.
The Brand Communications Manager manages all aspects of the brands and communications team.
- Reports to marketing senior management.
- Creates and implements a long-term communication strategy and yearly commercial calendar plan.
- Manages the marketing communications team, budget, and staffing in pace with company growth and goals.
- Provides strategic input for improvements and opportunities to strengthen the brands that results in increased sales, brand loyalty, and improved market share.
- Manages development of style guides, templates, and materials while keeping the company’s vision, mission, and objectives in mind.
- Prepares go-to-marketing plans and implements the plan for new products and services.
- Guides development of new corporate website and content.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the company's advertising strategy through various advertising media. Negotiates advertising contracts.
- Formulates and implements public relations strategies.
- Prepares a plan to implement and manage a social media strategy.
- Works with internal groups (ex. Sales, marketing, product managers) to identify advertising campaigns and produce effective promotional materials.
- Identifies and works with staff to develops DTC marketing content, for multiple media, and works with sales and customers to guide DTC marketing for company products.
- Prepares metrics to measure and monitor results of marketing advertising and programs.
- Establishes positive working relations with upper management, sales, and product management.
- Monitors and advises all team members, company and external stakeholders, to deliver the brand direction accurately and with high quality.
- Selects and manages external agencies’ projects and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Advertising, Communications or equivalent.
- Eight plus years of experience in combination of brand, communications, downstream marketing in the medical surgical space.
- Demonstrated experience in developing corporate and product brands.
- Knowledgeable in marketing channels and public relations.
- Requires developed leadership skills to work with executive management and brand stakeholders to optimize brands and communications.
- Must be skilled at managing marketing staff, planning, delegation, follow-up, and team building.
- Highly motivated, well organized, detail-oriented, creative, innovative, and possess good time management skills.
- Able to conduct market research, analyze market data, and understand the target market and its dynamics.
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Capable of balancing multiple projects and stake-holders, and accustomed to tight deadlines.
- Must have a comprehensive working knowledge of frequently used personal computer programs and applications, such as, e-mail, Microsoft Office, sales prospect tracking tools, project management, etc.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and applicable Quality System Standards.
- Travel requirements up to 25% in the U.S. with occasional International travel.
THINK offers a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the advancement potential of an entrepreneurial company. We provide a competitive compensation package that includes comprehensive benefits, a company-matched 401k plan, and more. We strive to build the strongest and brightest teams in the industry. If you would like to work on tomorrow’s leading orthopedic solutions today, we would love to hear from you.
THINK is an equal opportunity employer that hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disabilities, veteran status, or sexual orientation.