Front-End Software Engineer - Contractor
- 47201 Lakeview Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538, USA
THINK Surgical, Inc. develops, manufactures and markets the only active robotic surgical systems for orthopedic surgery. The systems include two components: a 3D workstation for preoperative planning, and a computer assisted tool utilized for cavity and surface preparation for hip and knee* replacement surgeries. The systems have been used in thousands of joint replacements worldwide*.
* TKA not available for sale in the U.S.
We’re seeking a Front-End Software Engineer Contractor to collaborate with our Advanced Products team on a new surgical robotics system platform and implement front-end software designs for the surgical user interface. The candidate may report to one of our offices in either Fremont, CA; Sacramento, CA; or Montreal, Canada. This contract position is expected to conclude within 12 months.
This position may require up to 10% travel.
- Participate in the design and implementation of an innovative, intra-operative, surgeon facing software application for knee replacement procedures
- Develop front-end software using Qt/Qml based on mock-ups and external UX/UI specifications
- Develop VTK based 3D visualization of bones and implants
- Develop middleware using behavior trees and state machines in Qt/C++
- Effectively design and implement software patterns and unit tests
- Communicate, share and evaluate code/design/ideas in a distributed, collaborative environment (team in Montreal, Fremont, Sacramento).
- Works within quality system environment to produce required technical and regulatory documentation.
- Contributes to process and best practice improvement
- 5+ years of experience with a B.S. in Computer Science, or a related technical, or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience with C++ language and OOP practices
- Good organizational, communication, and documentation skills
- Python and CMake experience is a plus
- Experience working on medical device development projects is a plus
THINK offers a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the advancement potential of an entrepreneurial company. We provide a competitive compensation package that includes comprehensive benefits, a company-matched 401k plan, and more. We strive to build the strongest and brightest teams in the industry. If you would like to work on tomorrow’s leading orthopedic solutions today, we would love to hear from you.
THINK is an equal opportunity employer that hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disabilities, veteran status, or sexual orientation.