Buyer

  • Fremont, CA
  • Full-time

Company Description

Think Surgical Inc,. is a pioneer in medical robotics and world leader in image-directed, robotic products for orthopedic applications.  The company’s product allows surgeons to plan their surgery using 3-D representation of each patient’s CT images, and then execute the surgical plan in the operating room, exactly as planned.

.

Job Description

Job Summary:

The Buyer under minimum supervision is responsible for planning and purchasing high quality, low cost components and materials to meet both internal and external customer needs. Plans, schedules and coordinates the material planning activities for complex robotic systems and prepares status reports of these through MRP, PO issuance and material receipt. Resolution of over-shipment, shortage, engineering change order, order cancellation and related problems as required. Interfaces with suppliers and obtains budgetary and formal quotations. The Buyer is required to follow all their job functions while maintaining compliance to Food & Drug Administration guidelines. Note: This position encompasses planning and purchasing responsibilities. Planning responsibilities are approximately 20% of this position with the remaining 80% is focused on purchasing.

Travel Requirements:

This position may require less than 5% travel.

Job Responsibilities:

· Planning and purchasing high quality, low cost components and materials to meet both internal and external customer needs.

· Request quotes and production first articles for evaluation of new product designs and potential suppliers

· Manage suppliers with price discrepancies, damaged or returned material, logistics and other supplier issues.

· Attends MRB board meetings on a weekly basis to help determine disposition of non-conforming material.

· Resolve over-shipment, shortage, engineering change order, order cancellation and problems as required. Interfaces with suppliers and obtains budgetary and formal quotations to keep cost of material at competitive target pricing.

· Identify critical long lead time parts; define safety stock and minimum quantity to stock.

· Through the application of Lean Manufacturing concepts, continuously look to reduce part costs; improve availability, and reduce cycle/lead time

· Prioritize and meet schedules in a dynamic manufacturing environment.

· Work with the finance team on inventory and year end audits to help analyze standard costs and inventories.

· Examine standard costs against actual costs to identify any process inefficiencies.

· Assist other job duties may include determining and administering policies and procedures that are related to shipping and receiving as well as the storage of different kinds of materials, supplies and equipment.

· Analyze actual manufacturing and other related costs and prepares periodic report comparing standard costs to actual production costs.

· Planning of warranty reserves, extended service costs and reporting.

· Working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards.

· Updates changing and standard cost information into ERP system.

· Prepares and processes purchase orders and ensures purchase orders, receiving and invoices are matched.

· Maintains and updates files for payment documents, invoices, purchase orders, requisitions, files documents and records as required for record keeping.

· Works directly with staff from other departments to resolve technical accounting and reporting issues and problems.

· Build good relationship with vendors for value added negotiations.

· Support internal and supplier qualification and perform vendor audits by traveling domestic and int’l.

· Collaborate with Quality Management Team to implement and maintain Supplier Scorecards.

· Signs off for the Materials Group on Document Change Orders.

· Other duties or special projects as required in order to meet company’s objectives.


Qualifications

Minimum of 5 years of planning and purchasing experience using an ERP system including MRP in a manufacturing environment.

Computer Literate – Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word.

Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.

Must be a team player with a positive and proactive demeanor.

Strong Knowledge of Quality System Compliance on International Organization of Standardization Risk Management (ISO 14971).

Knowledge of good manufacturing practices (GMP) and applicable Quality System Standards.

Experience with Bills of Material (BOMS’) structure and revision changes.

Good attendance and punctuality are essential for this position.

Additional Information

Think Surgical Inc,. offers a fast-paced work environment, very competitive compensation, medical and 401K retirement plan benefits.

We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage diversity.