People Ops & Compliance Coordinator
- Les Berges du Lac II Walkway, Tunis, Tunisia
Hi! We’re so happy that you’re here.
Think-it is a software engineering collective on a mission to unlock human potential through sustainable use of technology. Our high-performance, low-carbon solutions help innovative teams around the world lower costs, democratize data, and reach net-zero faster.
With a focus on digital transformation, smart infrastructure, and the UN SDGs, we tackle meaningful problems that can only be solved with future-proof technology. Our team includes experts in Full Stack Engineering, Machine Learning, and DevOps and Cloud.
Founded in 2017, Think-it is home to a diverse community of changemakers — we represent 8+ nationalities, and 40% of us are women. We’re proud to be backed by mission-aligned partners, and our goals are people- and planet-centric.
We believe that technology is most powerful when it's used to build real solutions to the ways we live, move, eat, and work on this planet. Our cross-discipline teams tackle big and diverse challenges with partners around the world, and no two projects are alike - but the backbone of any successful team is a well-run organization, so people can focus on what they do best.
We’re looking for an People Ops & Compliance Coordinator, who strives for excellence and has a passion for technology and learning. You will be working with our People and Operations teams to give our collective the right atmosphere to realize their potential and bring excellent technological solutions to life.
80%: Key responsibilities
You will be at the heart of our organisation and together with our People team the caretaker of our team's day-to-day experience. You will collaborate closely with all Think-iteers in a dynamic and inclusive environment to facilitate varying needs, including:
- Ensuring a wow people ops experience by delivering and following up on related matters around contracts, perks & benefits etc.
- Taking ownership for all payroll activities with our accountants in Germany and Tunisia
- Solving German and Tunisian people ops and administrative matters
- Coordinating legal aspects of the People Domain
- Keeping our internal knowledge, everyday processes and collective information updated
- Coordinating between operational and people affairs to best support our Think-iteers
- Contributing to building an international remote-first team that connects a strive for excellence with self-actualization
20%: Up to you! What are you passionate about? What do you want to learn, and where else would you like to contribute?
What we are looking for
- A strong work ethic and thirst for learning
- Common sense, reliability and a natural drive to keep things organized
- Relevant experience as HR coordinator, payroll accountant, assistant/secretary or similar roles
- Good knowledge of Tunisian labor law and specifics around Tunisian people operations
- Experience working with an international, diversified, and distributed team in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional written and verbal fluency in English.
- Professional written and verbal fluency in French and/or Tunisian Arabic.
- No educational requirement.
Who you are
- You are an aspiring leader. You enjoy interacting with people, and bring passion and persistence to your work to figure out a way where others would give up to get what's needed to help the team advance.
- You are detail-oriented. You keep yourself and your work highly organized despite juggling multiple priorities and also pay attention to improving the details that others might overlook.
- You are self-motivated. You take initiative, are naturally curious, and can learn new things quickly while continuing to deliver a wow experience on the job.
- You are a shipper. You respect deadlines, accomplish your work autonomously, and have experience setting a positive example for self-management to your peers.
- You are people-centric. You care for your peers and have the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving diverse stakeholders, and enjoy helping others grow.
For us your mindset and general attitude is much more important than your background. The rest we can and will train - it's a fantastic learning opportunity to develop skills and character.
What we offer you
- Competitive compensation package & performance-based bonus
- Fantastic growth opportunity to become a people ops leader and role model
- Autonomous and remote-friendly workplace culture (we don't have working hours)
- Personal Learning & Development Budget
- Free weekly team lunches
- Team activities, retreats, and reflections
- Peer-to-peer learning and development
- Globally conscious culture invested in the ethical use of technology to solve real problems
- A lifetime community of like-minded changemakers
Think-it is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.
QUICK TIP: Make sure to send us your CV in English 🙂