- Les Berges du Lac II Walkway, Tunis, Tunisia
- Employees can work remotely
Hi! We’re so happy that you’re here.
Think-it is a software engineering collective on a mission to unlock human potential through sustainable use of technology. Our high-performance, low-carbon solutions help innovative teams around the world lower costs, democratize data, and reach net-zero faster.
With a focus on digital transformation, smart infrastructure, and the UN SDGs, we tackle meaningful problems that can only be solved with future-proof technology. Our team includes experts in Full Stack Engineering, Machine Learning, and DevOps and Cloud.
Founded in 2017, Think-it is home to a diverse community of changemakers — we represent 8+ nationalities, and 40% of us are women. We’re proud to be backed by mission-aligned partners, and our goals are people- and planet-centric.
Everything we do at Think-it is dedicated to unleashing human potential - and now we're looking to do that in a bigger way than ever before with a new project: the first Open Learning Community (OLC) in Tunisia.
The OLC is a virtual learning initiative dedicated to accelerating the growth of young and aspiring technologists in the fields of Data Science and AI, DevOps and Cloud, and Web Development in Tunisia. The program will focus on self-driven, project-based learning with real-world opportunities for applying their skills through impact technology projects with Think-it teams and other partner organizations.
Together with a non-profit partner, we are looking for a Program Director to help us launch and scale this initiative - with the ultimate goal of mobilizing 1,000 young North African professionals in the fight against some of our world's biggest challenges by the end of 2021.
80%: Your key responsibilities
- Work closely with the leadership team to define and drive the vision, strategy, and resource allocation for the OLC initiative from start to finish.
- Work closely with our Product Owner and associated tech team to roadmap, prioritize, and help develop user stories, content and experiences in support of the OLC's requirements for our learning management tool.
- Work with subject-matter experts to develop, test, and refine technical curriculum for the OLC's three specializations (Data science & AI, Cloud & DevOps, and Web Development).
- Work with subject-matter experts to develop, test, and refine an immersive approach and curriculum for personality and soft-skill development.
- Drive recruitment, engagement, and retention strategy for learners across multiple channels through proactive partnership development, virtual community-building, and feedback-gathering on how we can deliver the most valuable learning outcomes possible.
- Build strategic partnerships with external organizations including international corporates, startups, local universities, and other NPOs to provide mentorship, project and job opportunities for learners through the OLC.
- Define, track, and report on learner-centric success metrics such as completion rate, retention, and NPS.
- Full accountability for grant management, project monitoring, and impact measurement and reporting.
20%: Up to you! What are you passionate about? What do you want to learn, and where else would you like to contribute?
- You have 5+ years of professional experience in program / project management and strategic partnerships in a not-for-profit or private sector environment - ideally in a technology-enabled field.
- You have a demonstrated passion for driving learning and development, recruitment, and/or social impact through ethical technology.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English, and proficiency in French.
- You have experience building communities through facilitating live or virtual events, workshops, forums, or similar gatherings.
- You have experience managing diverse stakeholder groups, including startups, corporates, and both governmental and non-governmental institutions.
It would be great if you also have:
- Experience working with learning management solutions and/ or skills development platforms.
- Technical fluency and experience in digital product development.
- Experience working with distributed or fully remote teams.
- Proficiency in Tunisian Arabic and/ or German.
- Flexibility to be located between Germany (Berlin) and Tunisia (Tunis).
Who you are:
- You are a transformative leader. You approach challenges head- and hands-on, are not afraid to deal with ambiguity and execute and guide your team through inspiration and motivation to accomplish ambitious and sustainable results.
- You are self-motivated. You take initiative, are naturally curious, and can learn new things quickly while continuing to deliver value on the job.
- You are a shipper. You believe perfect is the enemy of good, accomplish your work autonomously, and focus on innovative and pragmatic solutions.
- You are low-ego and people-centric. You thrive in a collaborative environment and interact professionally with partners and the general public online as the voice of a trusted organization in a multicultural context.
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation
- Autonomous and remote-friendly workplace culture
- Globally conscious culture invested in the ethical use of technology to solve real problems
- Free weekly team lunches
- Team activities, retreats, and reflection
- Peer-to-peer learning and development
- A lifetime community of like-minded changemakers
Think-it is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.