People Ops & Compliance Coordinator
- Les Berges du Lac II Walkway, Tunis, Tunisia
Hi! We’re so happy that you’re here.
Think-it is a software engineering collective on a mission to unlock human potential through sustainable use of technology. Our high-performance, low-carbon solutions help innovative teams around the world lower costs, democratize data, and reach net-zero faster.
With a focus on digital transformation, smart infrastructure, and the UN SDGs, we tackle meaningful problems that can only be solved with future-proof technology. Our team includes experts in Full Stack Engineering, Machine Learning, and DevOps and Cloud.
Founded in 2017, Think-it is home to a high-performing and diverse team of changemakers in Germany, Tunisia, and around the world — including 8 nationalities and 40% women. We are enthusiastically committed to inclusivity and ethical technology in our collective, partner teams, and mission-aligned investor networks.
We believe that technology is most powerful when it's used to build real solutions to the ways we live, move, eat, and work on this planet. Our cross-discipline teams tackle big and diverse challenges with partners around the world, and no two projects are alike - but the backbone of any successful team is a well-run organization, so people can focus on what they do best.
We’re looking for an People Ops & Compliance Coordinator, who strives for excellence and has a passion for technology and learning. You will be working with our People Domain and Operations team to give our collective the right atmosphere to realize their potential and bring excellent technological solutions to life.
80%: Key responsibilities
You will be at the heart of our organisation and together with People team the caretaker of our team day-to-day experience. You will collaborate closely with all Think-iteers in a dynamic and inclusive environment to facilitate varying needs, including:
- Coordinate all payroll activities with our accountants for both German and Tunisian entities.
- Manage German and Tunisian entity admin work
- Coordinate legal aspects of People Domain
- Deliver and follow-up on people ops administration processes
- Keep our internal knowledge, everyday processes and collective information updated
- Coordinate between operational and people affairs to best support our Think-iteers
20%: Up to you! What are you passionate about? What do you want to learn, and where else would you like to contribute?
What we are looking for
- 2+ years of experience as HR coordinator, payroll accountant, assistant/secretary or similar roles
- Good knowledge of Tunisian labor law is required
- Very strong organisational skills
- Good written skills
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in French or Tunisian arabic
Who you are
- You are self-motivated. You take initiative, are naturally curious, and can learn new things quickly while continuing to deliver value on the job.
- You are a shipper. You respect deadlines, accomplish your work autonomously, and have experience setting a positive example for self-management to your team members.
- You are people-centric. You have the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts, and enjoy helping others grow.
- You are detail-oriented. You keep yourself and your work highly organized despite juggling multiple priorities and also pay attention to improving the details that others might overlook.
What we offer you
- Competitive monthly salary
- Autonomous and remote-friendly workplace culture
- Globally conscious culture invested in the ethical use of technology to solve real problems
- Free weekly team lunches
- Team activities, retreats, and reflections
- Peer-to-peer learning and development
- A lifetime community of like-minded changemakers
Think-it is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability, or perceived disability.
QUICK TIP: Make sure to send us your CV in ENGLISH. No need for a cover letter 🙂