Engineering Culture and Excellence Support
- Les Berges du Lac II Walkway, Tunis, Tunisia
Hi! We’re so happy that you’re here.
Think-it is a software engineering collective on a mission to unlock human potential through sustainable use of technology. Our high-performance, low-carbon solutions help innovative teams around the world lower costs, democratize data, and reach net-zero faster.
With a focus on digital transformation, smart infrastructure, and the UN SDGs, we tackle meaningful problems that can only be solved with future-proof technology. Our team includes experts in Full Stack Engineering, Machine Learning, and DevOps and Cloud.
Founded in 2017, Think-it is home to a high-performing and diverse team of changemakers in Germany, Tunisia, and around the world — including 8 nationalities and 40% women. We are enthusiastically committed to inclusivity and ethical technology in our collective, partner teams, and mission-aligned investor networks.
We are looking for a positive, organized and autonomous Engineering Culture & Excellence Support who knows how to inspire, motivate and develop a team. You will be responsible for representing the engineering circle within the People Domain to ensure a great on-boarding and Learning & Development (L&D) experience. Your focus will be on strengthening Think-it's talents by supporting as a serving and highly communicative leader to various engineering teams in order to ensure cultural and technical best practices across the collective. You will be responsible for making our on-boarding and Immersion Program a great experience and thereby help foster top-talent culture and world-class career experience for all Think-iteers.
You will work directly with our People Team, and experience what it is like to drive a mission-driven, early-stage startup. We are an international, distributed team, from various disciplines - united in our vision to create a more equitable world and Unlock human potential through technology.
Besides a unique experience interacting with our Engineering Team in Tunis and around the globe, we offer you autonomy and responsibility from the start. You lead by example and are able to not only think big, but also deliver results while keeping a growth mindset and lifelong learning attitude. We would love to hear from you!
80%: Your key responsibilities
- Serve as a key member of the Think-it People and Engineering domains;
- Coordinate with different stakeholders of the People and Engineering domains to facilitate strong and efficient communication;
- Coordinate with Think-it Tech Leads to ensure an effective task repartition;
- Take ownership of our Immersion Program & on-boarding phase: organize all necessary aspects of the on-boarding phase, update content through strong cooperation with our Senior SDEs and support all Think-iteers actively going through Immersion Program;
- Paticipate in recruitment efforts, especially during the second stage of our recruitment process, as serving as technical reviewer during the CV preselection and interview stage of new Think-it applicants;
- Support project writing initiatives and serve as a point of reference on the topic of Project Management for our junior and intermediate engineers;
- Support our People Lead in L&D efforts by leading soft-skills and technical workshops as well as participating in strategic sessions around L&D domain development.
The other 20%: Up to you!
- What are you passionate about? Do you see other opportunities to contribute your skills and experience in ways we haven’t thought of yet?
- What would you like to learn? Continuous learning is a critical pillar of our culture and we’re here to support your long-term growth.
What we're looking for
- 2-3 years of experience as Tech Lead, Technical Project Manager, Engineering Manager or comparable role including experience with team leadership and/or technical project management, preferably in the startup space;
- Experience with Agile Software Development Techniques and Tools, TDD, and pair programming;
- Capacity to take ownership and drive cross-functional initiatives with measurable impact;
- Being a self-starter, team player and strong communicator;
- Thriving in a cross-cultural, cross-functional environment;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities;
- Problem-solving, and analytical as well as creative thinking skills;
- Excellent written and verbal English.
Who you are
- You are self-motivated. You take initiative, are naturally curious, and can learn new things quickly while continuing to deliver value on the job.
- You are a shipper. You respect deadlines, accomplish your work autonomously, and have experience setting a positive example for self-management to your team.
- You are people-centric. You are excited by a role focused on the mentorship and guidance of junior Software Engineers, and are confident giving and receiving feedback to help others grow.
It would be great if you also have:
- Interest in Management/ Business, Human Resources, Psychology or related field;
- Experience managing and scaling teams in a startup context;
- Experience setting remote work practices for international and/or distributed teams;
- Prior work experience and a strong cultural understanding of Tunisia and/or North Africa;
- Proficient command of French or Arabic;
What we offer you
- Competitive monthly salary
- Autonomous and remote-friendly workplace culture
- Globally conscious culture invested in the ethical use of technology to solve real problems
- Free weekly team lunches (if you are on-site in Tunis)
- Team activities, retreats, and reflections
- Peer-to-peer learning and development
- A lifetime community of like-minded changemakers
Think-it is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability, or perceived disability.
QUICK TIP: Make sure to send us your CV in ENGLISH.
No need for a cover letter. 🙂