Software Development Engineer Web [Internship]
- Les Berges du Lac II Walkway, Tunis, Tunisia
Hi! We’re so happy that you’re here.
Think-it is a software engineering collective on a mission to unlock human potential through sustainable use of technology. Our high-performance, low-carbon solutions help innovative teams around the world lower costs, democratize data, and reach net-zero faster.
With a focus on digital transformation, smart infrastructure, and the UN SDGs, we tackle meaningful problems that can only be solved with future-proof technology. Our team includes experts in Full Stack Engineering, Machine Learning, and DevOps and Cloud.
Founded in 2017, Think-it is home to a diverse community of changemakers — we represent 8+ nationalities, and 40% of us are women. We’re proud to be backed by mission-aligned partners, and our goals are people- and planet-centric.
We’re looking for a Full Stack Engineering Intern with experience working on frontend and backend applications, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally for our partner projects.
- Build across the full stack from the backend APIs to front end user interfaces to successfully deliver key features on our learning platform roadmap
- Advocate for design thinking and user empathy to design and deliver high-quality UX
- Build technical documentation for our learning platform, and contribute to Think-it's internal knowledge and code bases
What you will learn and gain:
- How to build reusable, scalable and reliable solutions
- Exposure to remote work culture, agile development processes and/or other software engineering fields (e.g., Software Quality, Software Testing).
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure, AWS and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP) in particular.
What we’re looking for
- You identify with our mission. You have a strong drive to make the world more equitable, and it fuels your commitment and follow-through in everything you do.
- You're passionate about technology. You are committed to building your career as a software engineer or data scientist and future technology leader of Tunisia.
- You take ownership. You are self-driven and have experience successfully managing multiple priorities at the same time with minimal oversight.
- You value emotional intelligence. You practice self-awareness and interpersonal skills, and display cross-cultural empathy in international teams.
- Full professional fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Experience with working as a part of a team, and dedication and passion for technology.
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as algorithm and data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience in a fast-paced environment with true ownership over your work
- A degree or evidence of committed self-learning in a technical discipline
- Strong focus on Frontend web development and technologies including experience working with standard frontend frameworks like React, Angular and Vuejs - and experience designing Web UI and UX
- Experience with Agile Software Development Techniques and Tools, TDD, and pair programming
- Experience using tools like Google Suite, Hubspot, Trello, Keynote, and Slack
Please note: We require you to be be able to join us onsite at our Tunis campus at least 4 days a week to complete an internship with us.
What we offer you:
- Internship stipend and post-internship career opportunities (full-time and/or additional internships)
- High level of access to senior talent and mentorship, online and offline learning resources, detailed direction without micromanagement, feedback throughout your internship, and a final evaluation.
- Autonomous and remote-friendly workplace culture
- Globally conscious culture invested in the ethical use of technology to solve real problems
- Free weekly team lunches
- Team activities, retreats, and reflections
- Peer-to-peer learning and development
- A lifetime community of like-minded changemakers
Think-it is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.
QUICK TIP: Make sure to send us your CV in ENGLISH. No need for a cover letter 🙂