Software Development Engineer (Mobile)
- Les Berges du Lac II Walkway, Tunis, Tunisia
Hi! We’re so happy that you’re here.
Think-it is a software engineering collective on a mission to unlock human potential through sustainable use of technology. Our high-performance, low-carbon solutions help innovative teams around the world lower costs, democratize data, and reach net-zero faster.
With a focus on digital transformation, smart infrastructure, and the UN SDGs, we tackle meaningful problems that can only be solved with future-proof technology. Our team includes experts in Full Stack Engineering, Machine Learning, and DevOps and Cloud.
Founded in 2017, Think-it is home to a diverse community of changemakers — we represent 8+ nationalities, and 40% of us are women. We’re proud to be backed by mission-aligned partners, and our goals are people- and planet-centric.
We believe that technology is most powerful when it's used to build real solutions to the ways we live, move, eat, and work on this planet. Our cross-discipline teams tackle big and diverse challenges with partners around the world, and no two projects are alike - but the backbone of any successful team is a Software Engineer.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer with 1-3 years of experience working on Web and Mobile development, and anything it takes to solve problems and delight users both internally and externally for our partner projects.
80%: Your key responsibilities
- Build across the full stack from the backend APIs to mobile and web front end-user interfaces to deliver end-to-end solutions based on user requirements and objectives
- Advocate for design thinking and user empathy to design and deliver high-quality UX
- Build reusable, scalable, and reliable software solutions.
- Build technical documentation for partner projects, and contribute to Think-it's internal knowledge and codebases
- Build technical documentation for our learning platform, and contribute to Think-it's internal knowledge and codebases
20%: Up to you! What are you passionate about? What do you want to learn, and where else would you like to contribute?
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of experience as a Software Engineer, including experience designing and building complex mobile application architectures with reliability, high-availability, performance, and scalability
- Strong focus on mobile development including experience working with native mobile technologies including Swift and/or Kotlin.
- Experience in debugging, testing, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Agile Software Development Techniques and Tools, TDD, and pair programming
- Professional written and verbal fluency in English
Who you are
- You are self-motivated. You take initiative, are naturally curious, and can learn new things quickly while continuing to deliver value on the job.
- You are a shipper. You respect deadlines, accomplish your work autonomously, and have experience setting a positive example for self-management to your team members.
- You are people-centric. You have the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts, and enjoy helping others grow.
It would be great if you also have:
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Computer Science or similar technical discipline
- Experience organizing workshops, bootcamps, developer groups, or forums
- Experience working with standard cloud services provider (preferably AWS or GCP)
- Experience working with international and/or distributed teams
- Experience in web development (e.g. React/React Native)
- Professional proficiency in additional languages like French and Tunisian Arabic
What we offer you:
- Competitive monthly salary
- Autonomous and remote-friendly workplace culture
- Globally conscious culture invested in the ethical use of technology to solve real problems
- Free weekly team lunches
- Team activities, retreats, and reflections
- Peer-to-peer learning and development
- A lifetime community of like-minded changemakers
Think-it is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.