Business Development Intern
- Les Berges du Lac II Walkway, Tunis, Tunisia
Hi! We’re so happy that you’re here.
Think-it is an engineering collective on a mission to unlock human potential through technology. We identify and accelerate North Africa’s future technology leaders — before integrating them as full-time distributed team members with innovative partners around the world.
Backed by mission-aligned partners, we bridge the gap between high-skill talent supply and demand through a unique approach combining agile learning methodologies and state-of-the-art distributed collaboration — with the goal of putting North Africa on the map as a digital innovation hub with highly-qualified and affordable technical talent.
Founded in 2017 with a team representing 9 nationalities and 40% women, we are enthusiastically committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and equality within our own team, our partner teams, and our investor networks.
Growth at Think-it is not very conventional: We are scaling a new category business model that redefines the way software engineers learn and build careers — and transforms the way innovative organizations hire for expertise in today’s most exciting new technologies around the world.
We are looking for a charismatic, thoughtful, and an autonomous intern from a top MBA program to help us expand market awareness of our technical team-building solutions (genuine integration of full-time, distributed developers as individuals or custom satellite teams — not outsourcing) — and help companies think differently about how they assess, hire, and optimize their technical talent.
Building relationships with our target accounts takes a consultative, high-touch approach: you’ll be helping innovative companies identify human capital needs they may not know they have, and forging their trust in our ability to deliver superior solutions and results. So, we’re looking for someone with both technical savvy and deep human empathy to help us build upon a strong business foundation and further develop a scalable growth playbook.
80%: Your key responsibilities
- Support the Think-it Growth Team as necessary in defining and executing the business development plans
- Identify and engage partner decision-makers with a high-touch approach with sales enablement and support from our Marketing team
- Build and manage a pipeline of technology executives through online research, outbound sales, relationship-building, event attendance and hosted events using a creative and tailored approach
- Provide detailed research and analysis on a variety of segments to support the development of our service offerings
- Build new business channels and strengthen our strategic partnerships with VCs, Innovation Hubs, and other multiplicators
- Support Think-it’s internal development projects through project management and coaching of other Think-iteers supporting your workstreams
- Design and deliver compelling capabilities and proposal presentations
- Create new business opportunities through industry relationships and networks
The other 20%: Up to you!
- What are you passionate about? Do you see other opportunities to contribute your skills and experience in ways we haven’t thought of yet?
- What would you like to learn? Continuous learning is a critical pillar of our culture and we’re here to support your long-term growth.
What we’re looking for
You identify with our mission. You have a strong drive to make the world more equitable, and it fuels your commitment and follow-through in everything you do.
You genuinely enjoy making connections with new people, uncovering their needs, and providing solutions. Your creativity and growth mindset help you identify and pursue the entrepreneurial opportunities others might miss.
You are ready to take ownership of your work in a distributed team environment. You are self-driven, and have experience successfully managing multiple priorities at the same time with minimal oversight.
You have technical enthusiasm and fluency. ****You might not be an engineer, but you seek an understanding of technology trends and can navigate conversations around programming languages and frameworks.
You have high EQ. You value and practice self-awareness and interpersonal skills, and display cross-cultural empathy in international teams.
- 2+ years of overall professional experience, with demonstrated experience in consulting, business development and strategic partnerships, project management, or recruitment in the technology sector
- Highly self-motivated, strong work ethic and ability to multitask and learn in a fast-paced environment
- A strategic, analytical, and highly organized approach to projects
- Polished visual, written, and oral presentation skills
- Ability to work with the team remotely
- Previous full-time, (technical) project management, or consulting experience with one or more of our target industries (energy, automotive, sustainable technology)
- Currently enrolled in a top-level MBA program
- Professional written and verbal fluency in another language like German, Arabic, French, or Dutch
- Experience working with distributed and cross-cultural teams
- Experience using tools like Google Suite, Hubspot, Notion, Powerpoint, Keynote, and Slack
What we offer you:
- Competitive monthly salary and performance bonuses
- An inspiring, collaborative, and inclusive environment
- Flexible working hours and location
- Globally conscious culture invested in making Remote Work work
- Team activities, retreats, and reflections
- Peer-to-peer learning and development
- A lifetime community of like-minded changemakers
Think-it is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, veteran status, disability, history of disability or perceived disability.