Housekeeping / Laundry Assistant - Part Time
- Culver, IN 46511, USA
Since 1964, Indiana families have looked to Miller's Health Systems for compassionate care for their loved ones. In that time, Miller’s Health Systems has grown to become Indiana’s largest 100% employee-owned health care provider. As operators of more than 40 nursing care and senior living properties across the state, MHS offers a wide variety of employment and professional growth opportunities. To learn more about our company, visit us at: http://www.millersmerrymanor.com/about-us.
Do you take pride in your ability to keep things clean and looking nice? Are you are good at noticing details and prioritizing what you need to do? Are you enthusiastic and friendly, and want a job where you can make a difference each day? If so, considering joining Miller's as a Housekeeping Assistant.
As a Housekeeping Assistant at Miller’s, you are responsible for the general cleanliness and sanitation of patient rooms and the overall building. You play a key role in patient and visitor safety, comfort and satisfaction. You adhere to all State and Federal regulations and company policies regarding safety, infection control, and other applicable standards. You respond positively to a variety of requests from your supervisor, patients, their families and staff, and you interact with each positively. You are able to follow instructions and cleaning schedules.
Please apply if you:
• Have a basic understanding of cleanliness standards
• Possess the skills and abilities to perform a variety of housekeeping duties
• Are willing to learn and follow required applicable regulations and policies
• Are passionate about delivering great customer service
• Able to work as part of a dedicated team
• Are professional and appropriate in appearance, conversation and behavior
Shift : 1st shift Part Time
1. Successfully complete pre-employment process and screening.
2. Able to pass physical examination given in behalf of gainful employment within the facility.
3. Satisfactorily pass through required orientation and training. Be able to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
1. Keep resident rooms clean and odor free.
2. Sweep, mop, and dust according to the work schedule.
3. Conform to the basic rules and regulations of the facility.
4. Clean public restrooms, offices, lobbies, front windows, etc.
5. Remain in work area unless on break, meal period, or with permission of supervisor.
6. Conform to dress and hygiene codes of the facility.
7. Exercise proper sanitation procedures.
8. Ensure the safety of the residents through adherence to all policies and procedures.
9. Attend all mandated meetings and inservices unless otherwise excused.
9. Complete all electronic inservices as required.
10. Keep housekeeping cares clean, properly equipped, and properly stored when not in use.
EXPOSURE CATEGORY II: Tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, but employment may require unplanned Category I tasks
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Shift : 1st shift Part Time