QMA - Qualified Medication Aide
- Chesterfield, IN, USA
Since 1964, Indiana families have looked to Miller's Health Systems for compassionate care for their loved ones. In that time, Miller’s Health Systems has grown to become Indiana’s largest 100% employee-owned health care provider. As operators of more than 40 nursing care and senior living properties across the state, MHS offers a wide variety of employment and professional growth opportunities. To learn more about our company, visit us at: http://www.millersmerrymanor.com/about-us.
Are you friendly, passionate about serving others, and want a job where you can make a difference each day? If this sounds like you, then becoming a Qualified Medication Aide (QMA) at Miller’s Health Systems might be the right step for you!
As a QMA, you provide basic care to patients and assist them in their daily activities. You administer medications to patients and record related documentation. You watch for changes in your patients and quickly report them to the team of nurses that work with you. You collect and record information vital to the patients’ conditions and treatment.
Apply if you are:
• Certified in the State of Indiana
• Passionate about serving others
• Able to work with a dedicated team
• Professional appearance and behavior
1. Successful completion of Resident Care Assistant and Medication Assistant Training courses.
2. Successful completion of the 60 hour Qualified Medication Assistant course and the 40 hour practicum.
3. Pass the Qualified Medication Assistant exam.
4. Certified as a Qualified Medicine Assistant by the State of Indiana.
5. Registered with State Department of Public Instruction.
6. Meet all qualifications for Nurse Assistant.
7. Proven ability and experience as a resident care assistant.
8. Experience in long term care preferred.
9. Follow instructions.
10. Communicate verbally and in writing.
11. Is neat, well groomed and professional.
12. Pass the physical examination required at employment.
EXPOSURE CATEGORY I: Tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.