- Plymouth, IN 46563, USA
Since 1964, Indiana families have looked to Miller's Health Systems for compassionate care for their loved ones. In that time, Miller’s Health Systems has grown to become Indiana’s largest 100% employee-owned health care provider. As operators of more than 40 nursing care and senior living properties across the state, MHS offers a wide variety of employment and professional growth opportunities. To learn more about our company, visit us at: http://www.millersmerrymanor.com/about-us.
Are you a Certified Dietary Manager with knowledge of nutrition and menu planning? Are you a friendly person who enjoys interacting with others? Are you committed to delivering great customer service and someone who takes pride in their work? If so, have you considered a career at Miller's as a Dietary Manager?
As a Dietary Manager at Miller’s, you will lead a team to ensure the proper delivery of meals and nourishments at scheduled times. You adhere to regulations and company policies regarding infection control and sanitation of your work area.
Apply if you are:
· Passionate about customer service
· Able to mentor and train others on skills related to food service
· Neat in appearance with professional behavior
· Have previous management experience and are a Certified Dietary Manager
1. Successfully complete pre-employment process and screening.
2. Able to pass physical examination given in behalf of gainful employment within the facility.
3. Satisfactorily pass through required orientation and training. Be able to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
1. Confer with Consultant Dietitian regarding menu planning, therapeutic diets, and the nutritional care of residents.
2. Prepare work schedules for the department.
3. Procure necessary food and supplies by using MMM approved vendors and completing a weekly inventory.
4. Implement cleaning schedules and supervise sanitation and housekeeping for the kitchen, dish room, food storage, and dining room areas.
5. Supervise the maintenance and repair of all dietary department equipment.
6. Complete initial and follow-up dietary assessments by reviewing resident's medical history and conferring with nursing personnel.
7. Participate in resident care meetings such as health care planning, safety, infection control, department head staff, wound and weight, and premier dining.
8. Ensure resident safety through adherence to meal preparation policies, food temperatures,infection control, and equipment sanitation.
9. Review and revise as needed the job task lists for dietary employees keeping them available for employees within the department.
10. Interviewing potential dietary employees, reviewing qualifications, checking references, hiring, maintaining records of tardies and absenteeism, and termination of employees.
11. Responsible for the orientation of new dietary employees and supervising training for dietary employees as needed.
12. Complete an annual evaluation of each employee and for reviewing said evaluations with the employee.
13. Responsible for maintaining a harmonious working atmosphere, for censuring employees who violate rules of conduct as outlined in the Employee Handbook, or who fail to perform their job in an acceptable manner or in other ways disrupt or fail to contribute tot he fulfillment or goals and objectives of the dietary department.
14. Ensure dietary staff are following dietary policy and procedures for food preparation, use of therapeutic spreadsheets, meal times, premier dining standards, sanitation and infection control.
15. Maintain an up to date resident cardex to include current physician diet order, food allergies, food preference and any other important information.
16. Routinely confers with the facility Administrator, to keep informed of any policy changes, contribute information toward budget planning, and to keep the facility's Administrator aware of functioning and status of dietary employees, equipment, and supplies.
17. Interview new residents to obtain food preferences within 24 hours of admission.
18. Implement and maintain effective practices to control all department cost centers, maintain food quality and maintain customer satisfaction.
19. Delegate task to assistant dietary manager or dietary employees as appropriate.
20. Attend all mandated meetings and inservices unless otherwise excused.
21. Complete all electronic inservices as required.
22. Perform other duties as assigned by the Administrator.
EXPOSURE CATEGORY II: Tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, but employment may require unplanned Category I tasks
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.