Nurse Manager (RN/LPN)
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
Since 1964, Indiana families have looked to Miller's Health Systems for compassionate care for their loved ones. This once family owned and operated company evolved over time to expand beyond traditional nursing home care. Today, Miller's facilities across the state offer rehabilitation services, adult day care services, assisted living and traditional long-term nursing care. Many of our facilities have specialized units to care for those with Alzheimer's and other dementia or for loved ones in need of hospice care. We strongly believe in the value of providing quality care for individuals in locations that help them stay close to home. In addition to services provided within the walls of our Miller's facilities, we also operate a therapy company and have a partnership in a home health care company.
Just over a decade ago, Miller's Health Systems transitioned to a 100% employee owned company with a workforce of well over 3000 throughout the state of Indiana. Miller's is known for achievements in quality, with an emphasis on education and technology and is one of the largest 100% employee owned health care providers in the nation.
Are you a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse with excellent clinical skills and supervisory experience in senior healthcare and rehabilitation? Do you enjoy the challenge of helping others in problem solving? Do you value the opportunity to develop relationships with your co-workers and the patients under your care? Are you a teambuilder and mentor? Consider a career as a Unit Manager at Miller's.
As a Unit Manager at Miller’s, you are responsible for the nursing care and service to the patients on your unit, and you supervise the staff assigned to deliver patient care. You plan and oversee the Comprehensive Care Plan for your patients and are responsible for thorough and accurate documentation in the patient record. You oversee care on your unit that will comply with company policy and the State and Federal regulations governing those services.
Apply if you are:
• A licensed nurse in the State of Indiana with supervisory experience
• Experienced in senior healthcare and rehabilitation (preferred)
• Passionate about serving others
• Professional in appearance and behavior
• Able to work with a dedicated team
1. Currently licensed and registered to practice as a professional nurse in the State of Indiana.
2. Successfully complete pre-employment process and screening.
3. Pass the physical examination given in behalf of gainful employment within the facility.
4. Professional manner and appearance.
1. Report to work as scheduled or otherwise requested.
2. Must be flexible in hours to accommodate special events and projects.
3. Perform productively in scope of practice while conforming to Nursing standards of practice and Miller's standards of care.
4. Conform to the basic rules and regulations of the facility.
5. Conform to assigned dress and hygiene codes of facility.
6. Exercise proper infection control techniques.
7. Be able to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
8. Administer initial steps of the disciplinary procedure to employees when required.
9. Instruct and direct subordinates.
10. Provide and supervise the administration of medications and treatments prescribed by the attending physicians.Is responsible to input telephone orders daily.
11. Assist in developing and maintaining harmonious relationships with patients, visitors, physicians, relatives, other departments, and community contacts.
12. Maintain adequate and accurate records and reports necessary information pertaining to resident care and facility functioning. Is responsible to update Nurse Aide assignment sheets at least weekly and shower sheets to accommodate specific resident requests.
13. Maintain and supervise the safe, efficient, and sanitary use of supplies and equipment.
14. Participate in the "Inservice Education Program" of the Nursing Department as requested by the Inservice Director or Director of Nursing.
15. Participate in organizational and professional meetings.
16. Encourage patience and help solve problems. If unable to resolve problems, contacts the Assistant Director of Nursing, then the Director of Nursing.
17. Participate in the development and maintenance of patient care plans as assigned.
18. Supervise and mentor charge nurses and QMAs in carrying out their responsibilities.
19. Assist with new admissions or hospital returns and insures that all paperwork is completed accurately and per policy.
20. Assist in preparing performance evaluations on Nursing personnel.
21. Assume other functions as directed by the Assistant Director of Nursing, and the Director of Nursing or Administrator.
22. Assist Charge Nurses in assuring that the routine cleaning duties are being completed, and done correctly, wheel-chair cleaning, bedside utensil cleaning, etc.
23. Assist Charge Nurses in assuring that units are clean and evening and nightly assignments are completed in a timely fashion.
24. Monitor completion of monthly decubitus sheets, rounding with wound care nurse weekly. Serve as wound care nurse in in absence of wound care nurse.
25. Monitor accurate completion and updating of care plans on a weekly basis and prn.
26. Assist with evaluations of 3-11 and 11-7 employees.
27. Monitor and schedule breaks for nursing personnel to ensure necessary floor coverage.
28. Function as "On-Call" supervisor, and replaces sick or late calls during shift worked routinely. May be required to assist with floor coverage as needed.
29. Make routine rounds on all three halls. Keep log of rounds and submit report daily at the supervisor meeting with follow-up as necessary.
30. Communicate information regarding concerns, suggestions, and problems daily.
31. Assist with charting and pertinent documentation.
32. Meet with families to address their concerns, and communicate information to staff in a positive manner.And, meet with residents/families within 24 -48 hours of admission.
33. Counsel employees behavior and work performance when necessary and as it occurs, and documents follow-up, submit to Assistant Director of Nursing and Director of Nursing.
34. Participate in monthly meetings with Nurses and Nursing assistants, holding meetings as needed to address new procedure, concerns,etc.
35. Keep abreast of changes and updates in nursing care and procedures.
36. Attend all mandated meetings and inservices unless prior arrangements have been made.
37. Complete all electronic education as required.
38. Monitor and assist in dining room at designated meals.
1. Competent in supervision and leadership.
2. Caring attitude.
4. Foster and maintain a good working relationship with other staff.
5. Good judgement and emotional stability.
6. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
EXPOSURE CATEGORY I: Tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues.
Full Time Evening Shift