Housekeeping Assistant - Part Time
- Marion, IN, USA
Since 1964, Indiana families have looked to Miller's Health Systems for compassionate care for their loved ones. This once family owned and operated company evolved over time to expand beyond traditional nursing home care. Today, Miller's facilities across the state offer rehabilitation services, adult day care services, assisted living and traditional long-term nursing care. Many of our facilities have specialized units to care for those with Alzheimer's and other dementia or for loved ones in need of hospice care. We strongly believe in the value of providing quality care for individuals in locations that help them stay close to home. In addition to services provided within the walls of our Miller's facilities, we also operate a therapy company and have a partnership in a home health care company.
Just over a decade ago, Miller's Health Systems transitioned to a 100% employee owned company with a workforce of well over 3000 throughout the state of Indiana. Miller's is known for achievements in quality, with an emphasis on education and technology and is one of the largest 100% employee owned health care providers in the nation.
Do you take pride in your ability to keep things clean and looking nice? Are you are good at noticing details and prioritizing what you need to do? Are you enthusiastic and friendly, and want a job where you can make a difference each day? If so, considering joining Miller's as a Housekeeping Assistant.
As a Housekeeping Assistant at Miller’s, you are responsible for the general cleanliness and sanitation of patient rooms and the overall building. You play a key role in patient and visitor safety, comfort and satisfaction. You adhere to all State and Federal regulations and company policies regarding safety, infection control, and other applicable standards. You respond positively to a variety of requests from your supervisor, patients, their families and staff, and you interact with each positively. You are able to follow instructions and cleaning schedules.
Please apply if you:
• Have a basic understanding of cleanliness standards
• Possess the skills and abilities to perform a variety of housekeeping duties
• Are willing to learn and follow required applicable regulations and policies
• Are passionate about delivering great customer service
• Able to work as part of a dedicated team
• Are professional and appropriate in appearance, conversation and behavior
1. Successfully complete pre-employment process and screening.
2. Able to pass physical examination given in behalf of gainful employment within the facility.
3. Satisfactorily pass through required orientation and training. Be able to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
1. Keep resident rooms clean and odor free.
2. Sweep, mop, and dust according to the work schedule.
3. Conform to the basic rules and regulations of the facility.
4. Clean public restrooms, offices, lobbies, front windows, etc.
5. Remain in work area unless on break, meal period, or with permission of supervisor.
6. Conform to dress and hygiene codes of the facility.
7. Exercise proper sanitation procedures.
8. Ensure the safety of the residents through adherence to all policies and procedures.
9. Attend all mandated meetings and inservices unless otherwise excused.
9. Complete all electronic inservices as required.
10. Keep housekeeping cares clean, properly equipped, and properly stored when not in use.
EXPOSURE CATEGORY II: Tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, but employment may require unplanned Category I tasks
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.