- Indianapolis, IN, USA
Since 1964, Indiana families have looked to Miller's Health Systems for compassionate care for their loved ones. This once family owned and operated company evolved over time to expand beyond traditional nursing home care. Today, Miller's facilities across the state offer rehabilitation services, adult day care services, assisted living and traditional long-term nursing care. Many of our facilities have specialized units to care for those with Alzheimer's and other dementia or for loved ones in need of hospice care. We strongly believe in the value of providing quality care for individuals in locations that help them stay close to home. In addition to services provided within the walls of our Miller's facilities, we also operate a therapy company and have a partnership in a home health care company.
Just over a decade ago, Miller's Health Systems transitioned to a 100% employee owned company with a workforce of well over 3000 throughout the state of Indiana. Miller's is known for achievements in quality, with an emphasis on education and technology and is one of the largest 100% employee owned health care providers in the nation.
Are you friendly and enjoy building relationships with new people? You are comfortable interacting with a variety of personalities? Are you creative, organized, and enjoy a flexible schedule?
As the Life Enrichment - Activities Assistant at Miller’s, you play a key role in patient satisfaction and well-being. You assist the Live Enrichment Director in planning and executing activities to enrich the lives of patients within the facility. You make one-on-one visits with patients and encourage participation in various activities. You interact with volunteers. You may be required to transport patients to scheduled events away from the facility.
You may be the ideal candidate if you:
· Have previous experience in healthcare/patient activities (preferred)
· Have good communication skills.
· Possess a current driver’s license and good driving record
· Are passionate about delivering excellent customer service
· Are professional in appearance and behavior
1. Successfully complete pre-employment process and screening.
2. Able to pass physical examination given in behalf of gainful employment within the facility.
3. Satisfactorily pass through required orientation and training. Be able to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
1. To assist in the execution of a wide variety of activities to enrich the lives of the residents within the facility.
2. Promote activities within the facility, and encourage and motivate residents to participate in planned activities and ensure resident safety.
3. Conform to the basic rules and regulations of the facility.
4. Assist the director or assistant in preparing materials for individual and group activities.
5. Coordinate activities programs with other services in the faciltiy as directed.
6. Conform to dress and hygiene codes of the facility.
7. Assist residents coming to and from activities, including driving them to off-site activities.
8. Uphold and protect the rights of the residents.
9. Attend all mandated meetings and inservices unless otherwise excused.
9. Complete all electronic inservices as required.
EXPOSURE CATEGORY II: Tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, but employment may require unplanned Category I tasks
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.