- Dunkirk, IN 47336, USA
Since 1964, Indiana families have looked to Miller's Health Systems for compassionate care for their loved ones. This once family owned and operated company evolved over time to expand beyond traditional nursing home care. Today, Miller's facilities across the state offer rehabilitation services, adult day care services, assisted living and traditional long-term nursing care. Many of our facilities have specialized units to care for those with Alzheimer's and other dementia or for loved ones in need of hospice care. We strongly believe in the value of providing quality care for individuals in locations that help them stay close to home. In addition to services provided within the walls of our Miller's facilities, we also operate a therapy company and have a partnership in a home health care company.
Just over a decade ago, Miller's Health Systems transitioned to a 100% employee owned company with a workforce of well over 3000 throughout the state of Indiana. Miller's is known for achievements in quality, with an emphasis on education and technology and is one of the largest 100% employee owned health care providers in the nation.
Do you enjoy being a team leader, are friendly, and want a job where you can make a difference each day? Do you enjoy cooking and take pride in what you serve? Do you have an eye for details and enjoy following a plan, and want to be a part in helping others reach their health and rehabilitation goals?
As a Cook at Miller’s, you prepare meals and nourishments using standardized recipes for regular and therapeutic diets, paying special attention to appearance. You adhere to regulations and company policies regarding diets, food preparation standards, and infection control. You provide oversight to the dietary aide position during your shift and you receive and inspect food deliveries for accuracy and quality.
Apply if you are:
• Able to follow a recipe and have basic cooking skills
• Willing to learn and follow safety, preparation, and sanitation standards
• Passionate about delivering great customer service
• Able to work with a dedicated team and help direct others
• Neat in appearance and with professional behavio
1. Successfully complete pre-employment process and screening.
2. Able to pass physical examination given in behalf of gainful employment within the facility.
3. Satisfactorily pass through required orientation and training. Be able to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
4. Previous experience in Food Service.
1. Report to work as scheduled or otherwise requested.
2. Perform productively in their jurisdiction of work.
3. Conform to the basic rules and regulations of the facility.
4. Remain in work area unless on break, meal period, or with permission of supervisor.
5. Conform to dress and hygiene codes of the facility.
6. Exercise proper sanitation procedures.
7. Ensure the safety of the residents through adherence to all policies and procedures.
8. Attend all mandated meetings and inservices unless otherwise excused.
9. Complete all electronic inservices as required.
10. Assist in general maintenance of work area.
EXPOSURE CATEGORY II: Tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, but employment may require unplanned Category I tasks
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.