- Huntington, IN 46750, USA
Since 1964, Indiana families have looked to Miller's Health Systems for compassionate care for their loved ones. This once family owned and operated company evolved over time to expand beyond traditional nursing home care. Today, Miller's facilities across the state offer rehabilitation services, adult day care services, assisted living and traditional long-term nursing care. Many of our facilities have specialized units to care for those with Alzheimer's and other dementia or for loved ones in need of hospice care. We strongly believe in the value of providing quality care for individuals in locations that help them stay close to home. In addition to services provided within the walls of our Miller's facilities, we also operate a therapy company and have a partnership in a home health care company.
Just over a decade ago, Miller's Health Systems transitioned to a 100% employee owned company with a workforce of well over 3000 throughout the state of Indiana. Miller's is known for achievements in quality, with an emphasis on education and technology and is one of the largest 100% employee owned health care providers in the nation.
Do you enjoy problem-solving and take pride in keeping things functioning properly and looking presentable. Are you adaptable, have an eye for details, and like a fast-paced environment. Are you good at prioritizing and mindful of deadlines. Are you committed to great customer service, and are respectful of others, their surroundings and belongings. Do you have the ability to teach and mentor others in basic skills and policies. If so, have you considered joining Miller's as a Maintenance Supervisor?
As the Maintenance Supervisor at Miller’s, you are responsible for the general upkeep of the physical plant, its property and grounds. You play a key role in patient and visitor safety, comfort and satisfaction. You oversee the Maintenance staff. You adhere to all State and Federal regulations and company policies regarding safety, infection control, and other applicable standards. You are responsive to a variety of requests from other departments, patients, their families and staff. You are able to prioritize and maintain a task list.
Apply if you:
• Have an understanding of electrical, plumbing, and heating, and general maintenance ability
• Have healthcare experience and are willing to learn, follow, and teach required safety standards
• Have some supervisory experience, and possess the ability to lead a small team
• Have good communication skills
• Are passionate about delivering great customer service
• Able to work as part of a dedicated team
• Are professional and appropriate in appearance and behavior
1. Successfully complete pre-employment process and screening.
2. Able to pass physical examination given in behalf of gainful employment within the facility.
3. Satisfactorily pass through required orientation and training. Be able to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
1. Maintain the building in accordance with State and Federal Life Safety Code enforcement inspections and NFPA codes and enforcement inspections by performing our own in house environmental inspections to ensure the safety of our residents.
2. Must be physically able to climb, stoop, lift, and carry or transport heavy equipment.
3. Operate the maintenance department in an organized manor.
4. Complete performance evealuations on all direct reports.
5. Work within and keep track of departmental budgets set by facility administrator and the corporate offices.
6. Keep an updated work schedule and tasks list for all maintenance staff.
7. Keep track and perform quarterly in-services for department staff and building staff as required by the Indiana Department of Health.
8. Perform all preventative maintenance tasks on time and keep the reports logged in our online TELS 9. program. (Preventative Maintenance Program)
10. Build and maintain a positive working relationship with all other department heads and staff.
11. Maintain a good working relationship with the buildings Administrator. Always keep them informed of 12. problems or potential hazards.
13. Work with the yard maintenance vendor and their contract.
14. Work with the snow removal vendor and their account.
15. Maintain the necessary replacement parts for emergency repairs of critical building components.
16. Work with and direct the floor care services within the building. Possess or develop knowledge of hard floor refinishing procedures and carpet extraction procedures.
17. Attend all mandated meetings and inservices rograms unless otherwise excused. Complete all electronic inservices as required.
18. Perform any additional duties, as assigned by the facility's administrator.
EXPOSURE CATEGORY II: Tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues, but employment may require unplanned Category I tasks
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.