Unreal Engine Developer
- 210 W 6th St, Chico, CA 95928, USA
For nearly 6 years Theia has pioneered the use of virtual reality, augmented reality, and touchscreen applications for enterprise customers. As the global leader in real-time rendering software and solutions, we are proud to partner with brands like HP, Nvidia, HTC, and Epic Games to deliver stunning and innovative experiences like luxury hotel design reviews, aerospace simulation and training, medical facility walkthroughs, real estate pre-leasing tours, award-winning product demonstrations, and branded AR activations. With new technical challenges and creative opportunities happening all the time, Theia is the perfect place for passionate problem solvers from every expertise.
Applicants must be available to work in our Chico, CA office or be in the Sacramento, CA area.
Theia’s core development platform is Unreal Engine. Whether we produce still renders, moving animations, virtual reality, augmented reality, or iPad apps, we live and breathe UE4. As we continue to provide more varied solutions for our customers and build on our reputation as the Unreal Engine experts, we need more developers versed in game development, tools development, and C++. You’ll work under our Development Manager and CTO to explore and expose engine functionality and wrap it into artist-friendly toolsets, or develop more typical “gameplay” for our end-user experiences.
Some examples of your potential duties include:
- Building UI hooks for the editor’s polygon editing functions
- Creating custom code classes like a Batch Render Camera
- Extending a custom branch of the Engine
- Building UI interfaces in UMG
- Programming input and interactivity for a variety of apps
- Maintaining our proprietary plugin and updating it for every new Engine version
- Exposing C++ functions to Blueprints
- Setting up and automating a headless version of the Engine
The perfect candidate is self-driven problem solver who loves to learn. With a lengthy and ambitious product roadmap at your disposal, we want someone who is motivated, forward thinking, adaptable, and looking to make a difference in the 3D community.
- Proven Unreal Engine C++ experience
- Understanding of versioning and repository best practices
- Blueprints scripting experience
- Hunger to learn new things
- VR & AR development experience
- Python skills
- Tools / Pipeline development history
- User Interface design chops
- Blueprints proficiency
- Multi-user networking experience
- Mobile development experience
Here at Theia we believe in the perfect harmony of hard work and creative freedom. We have a collaborative open office environment in downtown Chico, tons of artwork, a pool table at the center, flexible work hours and flexible work-from-home days, regular coffee walks to Starbucks, beer on Friday afternoons, and free lunches on Wednesdays. We cover the majority of our employees’ medical insurance, 100% of dental insurance and life insurance, and offer more than 11 paid holidays. Through our technology partners we also get access to the latest and greatest secret virtual reality and 3D graphics “toys”. We’re excited to have you join our growing team!