Technical Support Engineer
We are proud to be the world’s largest and most experienced flower delivery network. Every day, people trust us to deliver their best wishes and sentiments on their behalf. But it’s not just about being the largest - we pride ourselves on being the most personable too. Everyone involved - from our florists, to our delivery drivers, to our Customer Advisors all take care to add that little personal touch.
We’re also proud that so many award-winning florists choose to be part of the Interflora family. Each of our expert florists has a unique blend of skills, creativity and attention to detail that is needed to create every handmade Interflora bouquet.
Our colleagues benefit from the attractive benefits you'd expect to see in a professional and successful organisation, such as; competitive market-rate salaries, generous holiday allowances, a company pension scheme, health insurance, bonus schemes and staff discounts - but they also benefit hugely from working in a friendly, supportive and flexible environment, where not only are they treated as a professional but also as a member of the Interflora 'family'.
We have a very flexible approach to hybrid working, where our colleagues are trusted to choose how they manage their time and to decide where and how they work – just as long as they come to the office in Sleaford to collaborate and connect with each on a weekly basis (although many colleagues choose to be in the office much more often than that).
We love to spoil our staff as well and make them feel loved on their special days - each new starter gets a beautiful Interflora bouquet to say “hello and welcome” on their first day and every colleague is treated to another bouquet on their birthday.
Our colleagues tell us that they love working here and that we have a real ‘family feel’ that makes us a unique and great place to work.
We are looking for a 3rd-line Technical Support Engineer with a good understanding of cloud technologies and proven experience in a wide variety of tech to join our friendly, knowledgeable and professional IT team.
In this role you will work alongside the other skilled and experienced Engineers and IT Support Analysts. You will design, create, manage, support, and develop our infrastructure and systems, bringing about automation, improvements and innovative solutions using leading-edge technologies.
You will provide guidance to colleagues, supporting infrastructures in the cloud as well as physically on site, ensuring all systems and services are optimised for performance and resiliency, are secured against threats and vulnerabilities and meet regulatory compliance standards.
To perform well in the role, we would expect you to have:
- In-depth knowledge in Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Servers, Microsoft Networks, Microsoft Active Directory (Entra ID) and Office 365 Enterprise environments.
- Certification in Microsoft, or a recognised technical network qualification
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proven experience working in an IT department performing a similar technical support role – either at 2nd-line or 3rd-line levels.
- Experience in supporting and understanding cloud services, network support, email and messaging, network management, storage provision, virtualisation and customer identification and access management solutions.
- Knowledge of various operating systems, network protocols, and security standards
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and stakeholders, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies, and keep up with industry trends
- Familiarity with DevOps practises and Customer Identity and Access Management
- Experience of supporting Mac devices would be an advantage.
The newly refurbished Interflora House is in the heart of Sleaford – a beautiful market town in Lincolnshire within easy reach of the Lincoln, Newark, Nottingham and Peterborough areas – but with our flexible approach to hybrid working, we now hope to be able to attract new colleagues from much further afield to be part of our family.
In our amazing newly designed workspace, we have a choice of over 80 ‘hot desks’ and 14 meeting rooms, as well as many different types of work areas to utilise throughout the day – whether that’s our ‘Library’ for some quiet thinking space, our ‘Heartspace’ for a chat over a free freshly-ground coffee, or our ‘Amphitheatre’ for social and collaboration activities. There’s even variety in our 3 main working areas, which include designated quiet desks, a ‘full bloom’ space for noisy, day to day work activities and calls, breakout spaces, meeting pods and conferencing facilities – the choice is yours and it’s all here at Interflora House!
EEO is the law - click here for more information