With approximately 100,000 planted acres in California's San Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world's largest grower of almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. Wonderful Orchards is a part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands which include Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, POM Wonderful, FIJI Water, Teleflora, and JUSTIN Wine.
The Second-In-Command (SIC) reports to the Chief Pilot and is responsible for execution of flight operations with guidance from the PIC. The SIC shall remain in compliance with all applicable regulations and the policies in the General Operations Manual (GOM). The SIC is the company’s most visible representative to passengers and must act with tact and decorum while ensuring an efficient and safe flight operation.
Safety, service, and standardization is the motto of the aviation department. All departmental employees will be responsible for contributing to a positive culture that treats each other with professionalism and respect. A polite and positive demeanor is expected from everyone.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Candidates will have a Commercial Single-Engine and Multi-Engine Instrument Airplane Certificate (Airline Transport Pilot Certificate, preferred)
- Minimum of 500 hours total time, preferred 800 hours and 50 hours in type
- Ability to obtain and keep a First-Class Medical
- Ability to accept duties delegated by the PIC when acting as SIC on company aircraft
- Ability to make and assist in decisions to continue, cancel, or implement alternate plans for flights where an element of uncertainty exists
- Experience with proper check list usage for all segments of ground and flight operations
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge and use of Foreflight, Jeppesen Charts, FMS avionics technology a plus
- Travel estimated to be 80%
- Must be accessible by mobile phone 24/7 except on scheduled days off.
- Work hours can extend past normal office hours
- Ability to communicate with scheduling for delays, passenger concerns, etc.
Pay Range: $70,000 - $85,000, and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
Wonderful's dedication to you:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid sick, vacation and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why chose Wonderful?
Wonderful Nurseries and Wonderful Orchards are part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion company, which also has other No. 1 brands such as Wonderful® Pistachios, FIJI® Water, Wonderful® Halos®, JUSTIN® Wine, and Teleflora®. To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information