With approximately 100,000 planted acres in California's San Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world's largest grower of almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. Wonderful Orchards is a part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands which include Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, POM Wonderful, FIJI Water, Teleflora, and JUSTIN Wine.
Wonderful Orchards is seeking an energetic, reliable, detail-oriented, and problem-solving candidate to fill our Cost Accountant position in Shafter, CA. This position will primarily be responsible preparing, analyzing, reconciling costing reports and maintaining the cost accounting system in order to provide accurate and reliable summarized financial and costing data for various Wonderful Orchards business units.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Participates in month-end and year-end closing for assigned areas while maintaining a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information.
- Helps support Wonderful Orchards business units through partnering and preparation of timely detailed analytical reports regarding costs, spend and variances.
- Participate in the development of data-driven, fact-based information to support decisions enabling productivity measures to reduce overall cost
- Performs various general accounting activities, including but not limited to journal entries and account reconciliations for assigned areas.
- Ad hoc data requests for special projects as determined by management.
- Assists with cross training
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications include, but are not limited to the following:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or Finance/Business Administration with requisite experience with 1 - 3 years of public and/or agricultural accounting experience; 1 - 3 years of costing experience preferred.
- Experience with costing in an integrated ERP system a plus.
- Knowledge of purchasing, inventory and manufacturing practices as related to accounting.
- Highly proficient in Excel (Power Query, Pivots, Lookups)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and have a continuous improvement mindset.
- PC skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Power Platform).
- Experience with Tableau a plus.
- Experience with Oracle EBS or Fusion a plus.
- CPA or CMA a plus
Pay Range: $65,000 - $80,000, plus bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
Wonderful's dedication to you:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid sick, vacation and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why chose Wonderful?
Wonderful Nurseries and Wonderful Orchards are part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion company, which also has other No. 1 brands such as Wonderful® Pistachios, FIJI® Water, Wonderful® Halos®, JUSTIN® Wine, and Teleflora®. To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information