King Air PIC
With approximately 100,000 planted acres in California's San Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world's largest grower of almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. Wonderful Orchards is a part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands which include Wonderful Pistachios, Wonderful Halos, POM Wonderful, FIJI Water, Teleflora, and JUSTIN Wine.
The company's aviation department, Wonderful Aviation, is seeking a King Air PIC to join the team!
A Day in the Life at Wonderful Aviation:
- Assure that aircraft is operated in accordance with all applicable federal aviation regulations and other regulatory agencies
- Maintain currency of all personal licenses, certificates, and training
- Responsible for assisting in dispatching and commanding aircraft
- Assure that all required equipment, documents, and certificates are onboard the aircraft prior to dispatch
- Monitor weather conditions en route that may affect the flight, i.e., destination weather, wind conditions, fuel supply, alternate airports, air traffic, etc.
- Inform scheduling / dispatch of his/her place of contact, arrival and departure times and passenger manifest changes
- Know and adhere to all security procedures
- Conduct self in a business-like manner, properly dressed, confident, courteous and showing evident good will that will be reassuring to passengers and indicate a concern for their safety, comfort and well being
- Strong team building and leadership skills along with a strong work ethic are required
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity, and fulfillment of commitments
- Other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
Your Contribution to Wonderful Aviation:
- Candidates should have a Commercial, Multi-Engine Instrument Airplane Certificate (Airline Transport Pilot Certificate, preferred) with a minimum of 1,200 hours total time and 200 hours in type
- Ability to determine that aircraft is current on its maintenance inspection status and is ready for dispatch
- Experience monitoring and checking of weather, air traffic, navigation facilities, NOTAMS, airport and runway requirements, emphasizing safety, comfort, and mission success
- Ability to accept duties delegated by the PIC when acting as SIC on Wonderful Aviation aircraft
- Ability to make and assist in decisions to continue, cancel or implement alternate plans for flights where an element of uncertainty exists
- Experience with proper check list usage for all segments of ground and flight operations
- Knowledge of all security procedures
- AA degree or equivalent experience associated with business aviation operations
- Required computer skills
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge and use of Foreflight, Jeppesen Charts, FMS avionics technology a plus
- Travel estimated to be 80%
- Must be accessible by mobile phone 24/7 except on scheduled days off. Work hours can extend past normal office hours
Pay Range: $110,000 - $125,000 and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid sick, vacation and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos.
Why chose Wonderful?
Wonderful Nurseries and Wonderful Orchards are part of The Wonderful Company, a privately held $5 billion company, which also has other No. 1 brands such as Wonderful® Pistachios, FIJI® Water, Wonderful® Halos®, JUSTIN® Wine, and Teleflora®. To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. We are pleased to share with you The Wonderful Company’s new Corporate Social Responsibility website: www.csr.wonderful.com.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
The Wonderful Company is an Equality Opportunity Employer that provides opportunities for advancement. We are committed to creating a diverse workforce that embodies a deep culture of acceptance, equity, and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, region, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information