College Success Coach
We strive to make The Wonderful Company true to its name through our mission to bring positive, multi-generational change to the communities we serve by leveraging our business acumen and hands-on approach to Corporate Social Responsibility. The purpose of our work is to disrupt the cycle of poverty in the Central Valley of California through a relentless focus on the social determinants of health with an unwavering commitment to helping the region's children grow up with better opportunities than their parents had.
Our Central Valley Health & Wellness programs provide completely free, comprehensive onsite healthcare to our employees and their families. Our educational programs reach students across 165 schools throughout the Central Valley, with world-class academic initiatives that support them every step of the way, from cradle to career. And our active involvement in the heart of our communities brings infrastructure investments and youth and adult programming that help build a more vibrant and sustainable society.
Our approach is unique, with our owners personally overseeing these efforts. We are deeply committed to bringing positive, multi-generational change to the communities we serve.
Our work also extends beyond the Central Valley. Giving back and leaving the planet better than we found it will be our legacy. To learn more about our programs and read our entire Corporate Social Responsibility report, click here.
Wonderful Education is seeking a College Success Coach to serve as a college coach for a caseload of scholars at every step of their educational journey beginning in the spring of 12th grade through college completion and career choice. The ideal candidate brings a passion for and experience in education/youth development, a tireless commitment to helping scholars achieve their goals no matter the barrier, and the ability to contribute to a fast-paced team that works across the state. The College Success team is hiring a College Success Coach to support Wonderful Scholars at CSU Bakersfield. This position will require occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Provide a holistic approach to support students in meeting their goals by creating individualized action plans for each scholar around their career, well-being, finances, and academics near the beginning of each term.
- Provide follow-through when executing each scholar's individualized plan, holding scholars accountable, and providing encouragement, activities, and guidance.
- Utilize our suite of resources to support scholars from tutoring, internships, career/graduate school planning, etc.
- Review midterm scholar progress reports and adjust the scholar’s individual action plan, as needed.
- Support scholars through the scholarship renewal process: reviewing transcripts and upcoming term course schedules, updating graduation projections, etc. ensuring programmatic data is clear and accurate.
- Collaborate with fellow Coaches and Wonderful College Ambassadors to provide added support.
- Participate in team workgroups, focused on various topics.
- Occasionally lead and support school or virtually-based workshops
- Begin supporting rising college freshmen each spring, participating in their college decisions, overnight summer camps (typically in late June), and on-campus kickoff events.
- Ability and wiliness to tutor, where possible.
- Familiarity with case management methodology
- Understanding of college success strategies, particularly for first-generation students
- Strong understanding of studying techniques
- Tutoring capability in some subjects, especially STEM, a plus
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree required in related field. STEM degree, a plus.
- A commitment and passion for educational equity and justice and the desire to work tirelessly on behalf of students from California's Central Valley.
- An eager, flexible learner and problem solver who feels comfortable taking initiative and going the extra mile for students.
- A self-starter with exceptional work ethic and the ability to work well away from colleagues and management.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to quickly establish rapport and communicate well with scholars.
- A valid California driver's license required.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
Starting pay range: $25.00 – $28.00 per hour. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including virtual yoga and mindful meditation classes
The Wonderful Company is a privately held $5 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health around the world. Its iconic brands include FIJI® Water, POM Wonderful®, Wonderful® Pistachios, Wonderful® Halos®, Wonderful® Seedless Lemons, Teleflora®, JUSTIN® Wines, JNSQ™ Wines and Landmark® Wines. The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and its core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information