In 1981, we planted our first vineyard with a mission to make world-class Bordeaux-style blends, but since then we've expanded our knowledge of viticulture in the unique region of Paso Robles. At JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery, we combine traditional Old-World methods like hand-harvesting and small-barrel aging in French oak with New World technology.
Our production team is seeking a Cellar Supervisor! The Cellar Supervisor acts as a team leader while supervising and/or performing various work assignments in the cellar including bottling, racking, transferring, filtering, crushing, pressing, and other production-related activities. You will be responsible for the maintenance of forklifts, filters, pumps, presses, hoses, and other cellar equipment. We are looking for someone who is experienced in all aspects of the wine process from grape to bottle and can direct less experienced crew members. A successful candidate in this position is a self-starter who is hard-working, detail-oriented, and a team player with strong organizational skills.
This is an on-site position based in Paso Robles, CA and the work schedule is Monday - Friday (7:00 am - 3:30 pm) with the exception of harvest season, when overtime and weekend work may be required.
- Assist in managing daily supervision of the cellar staff to ensure a safe, efficient and productive work environment
- Adhere to and instruct cellar staff to follow established company food safety and good manufacturing practices
- Ensures all production equipment is properly maintained and operating to safety standards
- Supervise, train and develop production staff to company standards (safety and winemaking)
- Responsible for sanitation of cellar area, equipment, and tanks
- Provide progress reports on status of cellar activities and suggest countermeasures to achieve production performance goals while balancing work orders to fulfill TTB requests
- Appropriately elevate issues/concerns, in a timely manner, to the management team
- Responsible for tank and barrel management
- Participate in companywide continuous improvement programs (WOW, GROW and Wonderful Way)
- Daily operations may include; bottling, wine transfers, barrel work, barrel inventory, filtration, additions, forklift, maintain cellar inventory of supplies, and any other duties and responsibilities assigned
- Minimum 5 years previous experience at a production facility, minimum 1-year supervisory experience
- H.S. diploma or GED required, Associate or Bachelor degree preferred but not required
- Minimum 3 years of experience operating a forklift desired
- Must be able to speak, read and write English proficiently
- Ability to communicate in written/spoken Spanish preferred
- Working knowledge of industry-standard winery equipment (pumps, filters, crush equipment, presses)
- Ability to manage a team of up to 10 individuals
- Hard worker, detail-oriented, self-starter and a team player with strong organizational skills
Pay Rate: $25.00 an hour. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company prioritizes wellness through its Wonderful NOW (Nourish Our Wellness) initiative, which provides a robust suite of wellness offerings such as access to mental health resources and life coaching, employee community groups, cash rewards for healthy habits, and on-demand fitness videos.
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant--making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that's situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN's Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information