Pricing & Commercial Manager (Landside Delivery)
- Looking for a role you can make your own?
- Bring your freight forwarding experience to this exciting new role
Neptune Pacific Direct Line (NPDL) is experiencing a period of significant transformation. Formed in 2020, Neptune Pacific Line acquired Pacific Direct Line, bringing together two of the South Pacific’s top shipping and logistics companies to support the full supply chain of our customers in the region. NPDL is part of The Wonderful Company headquartered in Los Angeles, CA. Its other companies include FIJI Water, Justin and Landmark Vineyards, Vintage Nurseries, Wonderful Citrus, Wonderful Pistachios, Teleflora, POM Wonderful and Suterra.
What you will be doing:
- Defining price structure, deciding on and disseminating prices
- Providing recommendations to ensure pricing strategy is optimised
- Monitoring price trends, other key indicators and ad hoc gathering of pricing information
- Day-to-day and tactical price analysis, modelling, and optimisation
- Landside/door-to-door product development, including rate procurement and vendor engagement
- Pricing plan development and adjustments, as well as assessing the performance of business results against targets and reasons for deviations
- Management of CargoWise workflows to drive business process automation
This role is a pivotal one – it is a fulltime, permanent role based in our Parnell office. Whilst this role is based in Auckland, we would also welcome applications from Sydney. We are looking for someone to own the role and really take control of our continued growth in this area. There is also plenty of opportunity for personal and career development.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- A sound understanding of shipping/logistics price dynamics (shipping experience is beneficial but not essential)
- A minimum of two years of experience in freight forwarding and landside product management
- Experience in Trans-Tasman and/or USA trades would be advantageous
- Demonstrated record of effective business partnering through the provision of commercial analytics
- Experience with Cargowise preferred, but not essential
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel)
- Proven leadership skills and ability to adapt style to suit a variety of cultures and working styles
- Ability to think strategically and execute with excellence.
- Strong analytical and process improvement skills
As a strong relationship builder, you know the landside space. If you are looking for an opportunity to join a highly engaged team looking to be the South Pacific leader in logistics, we would love to hear from you.
You will have the right to live and work in New Zealand at the time of applying. The successful candidate may be subject to undergo a Police Check and/or Pre-Employment Drug Test.
Our NPDL Contribution:
- Competitive benefits package
- Hybrid working model
- Opportunity for development and internal mobility
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Project Wonderful - Staff spend a day in the community helping with various projects
- Company focused on wellness and health
If you are a hardworking, proactive problem solver who enjoys creating new business opportunities then apply now!
EEO is the law - click here for more information