Vineyard Tech Intern
Landmark Vineyards has internship opportunities available for the 2023 growing season and harvest for mid-June through late October.
We are seeking a Vineyard Tech Intern for Harvest 2023!
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, hardworking, and a detail-oriented person with a passion for agriculture and learning. This will be an opportunity to work directly with Landmark’s Grower Relations Manager, Winemaking Team and with many of the top growers in Sonoma, Monterey and Santa Barbara Counties that we source grapes from. You will learn all viticultural aspects of the quick-paced, day to day operations that come with tracking veraison dates to assisting with crop estimates. You also will assist in determining when to harvest the fruit from our Hop Kiln Russian River Valley Estate Vineyard and the approximately 35 coastal vineyards that we purchase fruit from by utilizing the berry sampling methodology.
The internship duration is from mid-June (possibly as early as 6/12/2023) through late October or until harvest is completed. This is a full-time, 40-50 hrs/week, hourly-paid internship position.
- Seasonal vineyard operations such as: data collection, crop forecasting, vineyard monitoring and scouting
- Berry Sugar sampling from assigned vineyard blocks
- Assist in running lab analysis: brix, pH and TA
- Assist in coordinating picking schedules and delivery of macro picking bins to and from winery
- 50% of your internship will be spent in the vineyard, 50% spent in the cellar assisting with the winery’s harvest needs (cleaning, crushing, sorting table, barrel work, pump-overs & more cleaning)
- Possessing a degree (or currently enrolled) in an Agriculture or Wine & Viticulture program is preferred; harvest and wine industry experience is recommended
- Possess a positive attitude; detail-oriented and comfortable working alone
- Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly when doing cellar work
- Ability to walk long distances on uneven terrain in a variety of hot and cold climates
- Flexible and willing to work varying shifts, overtime, and weekends
- A clean and current DMV printout required
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
Pay Rate: $22.00 an hour, including potential overtime pay. Final offer dependent on skills and experience.
- Wine and Merchandise Discounts
- All the FIJI water you can drink at work
- Wine Education Program
- Fun Work Environment
Nestled at the base of the Mayacamas Mountain Range in the Sonoma Valley, Landmark® Vineyards epitomizes the rustic grace and beauty of Sonoma County. Since 1974, Landmark has been dedicated to producing handcrafted, ultra-premium Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, sourcing grapes from unique vineyard sites throughout California to create rich, balanced wines. Its Hop Kiln Estate is a registered California Historical Landmark and expands Landmark Vineyards’ presence with two tasting rooms and properties in Sonoma and the Russian River Valley. Their signature wine, the Overlook Chardonnay, has appeared on The Wine Spectator Top 100 list six times. Landmark’s wines may be purchased via select wine shops and restaurants, or directly from Landmark’s Tasting Room, online store, or through membership in the Wine Society. To discover more about Landmark’s remarkable approach to winemaking, visit www.landmarkwine.com.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information