Wonderful College Scholar Summer Internship, Human Resource, CSR
Who we are:
We strive to make The Wonderful Company true to its name through our mission to bring positive, multi-generational change to the communities we serve by leveraging our business acumen and hands-on approach to Corporate Social Responsibility. The purpose of our work is to disrupt the cycle of poverty in the Central Valley of California through a relentless focus on the social determinants of health with an unwavering commitment to helping the region's children grow up with better opportunities than their parents had.
Our Central Valley Health & Wellness programs provide completely free comprehensive onsite healthcare to our employees and their families. Our educational programs reach students across 165 schools throughout the Central Valley, with world-class academic initiatives that support them every step of the way, from cradle to career. And our active involvement in the heart of our communities brings infrastructure investments and youth and adult programming that helps build a more vibrant and sustainable society.
Our approach is unique, with our owners personally overseeing these efforts. We are deeply committed to bringing positive, multi-generational change to the communities we serve.
Our work also extends beyond the Central Valley. Giving back and leaving the planet better than we found it will be our legacy. To learn more about our programs and read our entire Corporate Social Responsibility report, click here.
We are seeking a motivated and responsible Wonderful Scholar for a full-time 8-week internship. In this position, you will gain hands-on professional experience and learn how the department runs.
This position is based in Delano. The start date is June 19, 2023, and the schedule for this internship is Monday – Friday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support in executing specialized employee engagement programs to support CSR culture and climate
- Assist in revising job descriptions and creation of job roles
- Assist in Human Resources clerical duties
- Assist in new onboarding of new hires
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a Wonderful Scholar in junior or senior year of college and enrolled in the College Success Program
- Must submit a recommendation form from your college success coach with your application
- Must be 18 years of age
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work autonomously
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
- Live Scan clearance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO is the law - click here for more information