Wonderful College Scholar Summer Internship, Human Resources (WCPA)
Who we are:
Wonderful College Prep Academy is a charter network in California's Central Valley committed to providing a world-class education for all students. The Academy's mission is to graduate students prepared to earn a college degree and to put them on a promising career path for life. We believe this begins with a nurturing, engaging, community-centered school environment where students develop a strong and well-rounded academic foundation. Ultimately, this will prepare generations of leaders in the Central Valley who are critical thinkers and life-long learners.
The Academy's first school opened in Delano in 2009, serving students from across the Central Valley in grades 6-12. In 2016, we moved to our new, state-of-the-art college prep campus in Delano, and in the fall of 2017, added an elementary school in Delano and opened a second charter school in Lost Hills. In Delano, we serve over 2,000 students in grades TK-12, while in Lost Hills, we serve over 400 students in grades TK-10 and will grow to serve students through 12th grade over the next two years.
All students have access to technology, from hands-on-STEM learning for younger students in a fully equipped "maker's space" to one-to-one school-provided devices for all students. The Academy aims to provide every opportunity for our students that often is not found in public or charter schools, including the ability to graduate from high school with a free Associate Degree. Through a unique partnership with Bakersfield College, our students enroll in college classes starting in 9th grade and complete all their A-G requirements, in addition to their AS Degree requirements over the course of four years. In addition, all graduates are eligible to earn a four-year renewable college scholarship through the generous support of Lynda and Stewart Resnick.
We seek thoughtful, inclusive, skilled communicators, and creative problem-solvers who value continuous learning and who are excited to serve our students and families. Now is the time to join a team making enduring change within the Central Valley of California and beyond.
We are seeking a motivated and responsible Wonderful Scholar for a full-time 8-week internship. In this position, you will gain hands-on professional experience and learn how the department runs.
This position is based in Delano. The start date is June 19, 2023 and the schedule for this internship is Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support in executing specialized employee engagement programs to support school culture and climate
- Assist in revising job descriptions and creation of job roles
- Assist in Human Resources in clerical duties
- Assist in new onboarding of new hires
- Assist in creation of new employee files
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must be Wonderful Scholar in junior or senior year of college and enrolled in the College Success Program
- Must submit a recommendation form from your college success coach with your application
- Must be 18 years of age
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work autonomously
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
- Live Scan clearance
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO is the law - click here for more information