Wonderful Citrus is America’s largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
Supervises and coordinates the associates executing the sanitation program designed to provide consistent end of shift and operational cleaning that comply with regulatory, GFSI, customer, and internal requirements. Conducts audits of facility to ensure standards are being met and initiates any root cause analysis necessary to lead to the appropriate corrective actions. Leads the execution of any necessary corrective actions. The supervisor assists the sanitation manager in leading the continuous improvement of sanitation to deliver best in class performance in food safety, and yield loss due to spoilage while optimizing cost.
Here's what you’ll do:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervises team of employees responsible for operational sanitation, and end of production sanitation in preparation for daily facility startup.
- Maintains and reviews sanitation records. Initiates any required corrective actions to observations from records.
- Verifies accuracy of SOPs and completes updates if necessary.
- Verifies MSS activities and completes updates to MSS based on results if necessary.
- Coach and inspire each member of their area to achieve a higher level of performance. Be a good role model in the department
- Lead all safety meetings, incident investigations, follow-ups and audits as well as represent area in Safety committee meetings as a Safety Champion
- Assist in the continuous improvement efforts at the facilities in Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Cost Productivity and Utilization.
- Monitor team member’s hours, breaks, lunch periods and schedules as efficiently as possible to minimize production downtime.
- In conjunction with the sanitation leads, coordinates and assigns work of sanitation employees each shift.
- Assists in the identification of annual goals for lead sanitation team members and provides the development and/or tools for the team members to achieve those goals.
- Conduct Safety and Food Safety audits to assure compliance to WC standards.
- Maintain audit readiness for Corporate, GMP, Government agencies, or other third party audits by ensuring all quality documentation is complete.
- Manage chemical and cleaning supply inventory by ensuring availability of cleaning supplies and makes purchase requisitions when needed.
- Completes disciplinary action as needed for non-compliant associates as needed in accordance with our employee manual and/or department standards and expectations.
- Maintains ATP results and microorganism levels within company standards and initiates any necessary corrective actions for repetitive failures.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting in compliance with quality and food safety programs including sanitation inspections, sanitation/food safety violations, and corrective actions to resolve deficiencies.
- Actively promote Wonderful Citrus continuous improvement activities
- Assist the sanitation manager in conducting accurate and effective training to new and tenured employees.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science/Engineering/Chemistry or other relevant sciences with 3-5 years of quality/manufacturing/sanitation leadership experience. Multiple manufacturing environments preferred.
- Food processing sanitation experience.
- Knowledge of food safety and regulatory requirements.
- HACCP certified preferred.
- Experience with fresh produce preferred.
- Prior experience with automated packing equipment preferred.
- Must be capable of working independently and in a team based environment.
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Able to make decisions within scope of job.
- Must possess effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have working knowledge in a manufacturing setting.
Pay Range: $70,000 - $80,000, and may include a discretionary bonus. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We’ve made Wonderful Pistachios one of America’s top-selling salty snacks. We’ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California’s top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world’s largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information