Manager, Strategic Planning & Supply Chain
JUSTIN is an award-wining winery and fine dining establishment in Paso Robles. It's our pleasure to share that the Restaurant at JUSTIN is the only winery restaurant to have received both a 2022 MICHELIN Star and MICHELIN Green Star and most recently, a Five-Stars from Forbes 2023 Travel Guide. We are proud to be recognized for our sustainability practices, one-of-a-kind dinner experience and world-class excellence in hospitality.
Landmark Vineyards is a historic legacy brand in Sonoma and hospitality operates 2 tasting rooms and an inn across Sonoma Valley. Lewis Cellars is an icon in Napa Valley and hospitality will be transformed as part of a multi-year expansion project there. Together these Wineries and Tasting Rooms are among the best in the region, setting the standard for luxury wine customers and offering high-end consumer experiences.
The team is seeking a Manager of Strategic Planning & Supply Chain who enjoys working in a variety of areas (finance, accounting, strategy, continuous improvement, IT, planning, sourcing, hospitality) - someone who is determined to build off our recent successes as they drive us towards further growth, expansion and recognition.
- Be the main liaison for Hospitality with all corporate-based financial departments (Finance, Accounting, Strategy, CI, IT, Planning, Sourcing, Retail etc.)
- Build annual budgets, forecasts, or labor models (in conjunction with Department Heads and Finance)
- Lead revenue management and internal financial reporting for all hospitality businesses
- Control and track all inventory processes, including run rates, physical transfers of wine, planning and pricing
- Create Business Intelligence Deliverables: Reporting on any food and wine metrics (covers, revenues, costs, margin, etc.) as business leaders and department heads require
- Actively drive performance by measuring, and implementing Continuous Improvement Projects/solutions to help all business leaders achieve/exceed their KPIs
- Put together dynamic presentations, engaging resources or detailed plans, SOPs or reports
- Lead departmental Continuous Improvement, cost control, and efficiency projects – tracking overall progress and how market trends (such as inflation) are affecting our business
- Support the Procurement processes, including negotiating with vendors, leveraging partnerships and building strong relationships with contractors, suppliers and clients
- Build out a world class logistics team, directing all the efforts of supply chain within Hospitality (including procurement, warehousing, and inventory management/planning) while implementing any solutions needed to bring those entities to optimum effectiveness
- Project Management oversight for Front of House (service delivery based) initiatives, or Back of House (reporting and systems) innovations
- Identifies the need for, recommends and supervises new software, hardware or data gathering tools
- Support (as team lead) all expansion projects, short term and long-term planning, and master site plans
- Oversees the execution of strategy related projects to ensure quality of thinking and strategic soundness
- Design and execute new operational teams/processes in the areas of Transportation, Merchandising, Fleet Management, Storage, Shipping/Receiving, Security and others
- Helps devise the strategy to increase traffic to the winery locations
- Support other hospitality business at team-wide company functions, event days, and trainings
Pay Range: $80,000 - $92,000 and may include a discretionary bonus. Discretionary bonus percentage may vary depending on role and Business Unit. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
- 2+ years of experience creating budgets or intricate financial reports
- 2+ years of supply chain, project management, warehousing, general operations or logistics work – preferably in at least a mid-sized company (50-100+ employees)
- 2-4 years of experience managing others, preferable in a service-based business
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, or similar relevant field. Advance degree or certificates a plus
- Knowledge of relevant software/systems: Such as Smartsheets, JDE, SAP, UKG, ADP, Oracle or platforms in the WMS, PMS, POS space, PowerPoint and Office Suite programs
- Knowledge of common manufacturing, valuation and retail concepts (such as FIFO, Just in time, Lean, Six Sigma, Value mapping, etc.) highly desirable
- Direct experience in devising strategic plans, establishing KPIs, or running a department/division within a company
- Demonstrated a strong ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to establish direction, coach others, rally a team toward a common objective and execute
- Has deep understanding of Luxury Products, Hospitality and Service Standards (Forbes/Michelin)
- Creative, analytical and strategic thinking
- Project management experiences, including leading diverse cross functional project teams
- NOTE: Flexibility to work hands on (including physical labor – such as warehouse work or lifting/carrying wine for stretches of time) is required. Travel of up to 15% is possible (mainly in California). Work during evenings, weekends or longer hours may be necessary on occasion
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health including subsidized gym memberships, virtual yoga and mindful meditation classes
Located in Paso Robles, JUSTIN® Vineyards & Winery was founded in 1981 and is known for crafting world- class wines using Bordeaux grape varieties, including the iconic ISOSCELES® blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. The Vineyard estate, located at 11680 Chimney Rock Road, features a Tasting Room, luxury five-star accommodations at the JUST Inn®, and a Restaurant—making it one of the only wineries on the Central Coast to offer all three options. In September 2018, a new second location, the JUSTIN Downtown Tasting Room opened introducing an expansive wine-tasting bar, lounge, and a full dining room that’s situated prominently on the square along Downtown City Park in the heart of Paso Robles. In addition to its stellar hospitality, JUSTIN consistently receives top honors around the world, establishing itself as a leader in New World Bordeaux-style winemaking. JUSTIN wines are available through discerning fine wine retailers and restaurants throughout the United States, or directly from the Winery via JUSTIN’s Tasting Room, online store or to members of the exclusive JUSTIN Wine Society wine club. To discover more about JUSTIN, visit www.justinwine.com.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information