Facilities Maintenance Lead
Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
Troubleshoots, repairs, maintains, test, and coordinates maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines.
Here's what you'll do:
- Understands, uses, and champions the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) per established procedures.
- With direction from maintenance supervisor, coordinates the activities of workers engaged in maintaining and repairing plant mechanical, and electrical equipment, physical structures, grounds, and mobile equipment.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards as necessary.
- Communicates equipment status to Operations personnel before, during, and after the job.
- Trains other craftspeople in required best practices and procedures.
- Documents work performed on shift, work identified on shift, and work transferred to other shifts per established procedures.
- Identifies and documents appropriate spare parts to stock in storeroom.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
- Typical maintenance lead will have minimum of five years maintenance experience, two of which in a lead or supervisory role.
- The ideal candidate will be proficient in electrical and mechanical troubleshooting.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Trade school/occupational training desired but not required.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing in English. Conversational Spanish is highly desired but not required.
Pay Range: $26.52
. Final compensation will be dependent upon skills & experience.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving - a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package - Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information