Wonderful Scholar Internship, Agronomy
Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
Here's what you'll do:
- We are seeking a highly motivated and responsible Wonderful Scholar for a full-time 8-week summer internship. In this position, you will gain hands-on experience under the guidance of our talented professionals.
- Work side-by-side with our Agronomy Professionals on projects such as irrigation, fertigation, soils, etc.
- This position will be based onsite at Wonderful Citrus located in Delano, CA. This schedule for this internship is M – F 7am-4pm
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Must be Wonderful Scholar.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Plant Science, Biological Science, Agriculture Plant, Soil Science degree preferred.
- Fall 2023 Junior or Seniors preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed and able to work autonomously.
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information