Wonderful Scholars Internship, Human Resources
Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
Here's what you'll do:
- Multiple Opportunities Available!
- Human Resources Business Partner: Learn through the lens of human resources, what it takes to support a manufacturing environment. You’ll partner with our team to support our packing house operations team on employee relations projects.
- Human Resources Operations: Come behind the scenes in Human Resources and work on projects that may include our Human Resources Information System, leave management, benefits, policies, etc.
- Talent Acquisition: All Human Resources starts here. Learn how to find the best candidates, best interviewing practices, and the compliance steps involved in offering employment and onboarding.
- This position will be based onsite (not remote) at Wonderful Citrus located in Delano, CA. This schedule for this internship is 40 hours per week Monday-Friday. Days of the week and work hours may change due to business needs.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Must be current Wonderful Scholar majoring in Human Resources Management, Business, or related.
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Minimum of beginner proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-directed and able to work autonomously.
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information