- Delano, CA, USA
Wonderful Citrus is America’s largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The Sanitation Lead will manage the daily sanitation activities of his/her area, including ownership of the results, coaching the full time and temporary employees, interfacing with other departments and meeting sanitation goals. One of the expectations of this position is that the candidate will be trained and will train others to work in all functional areas of the departments including but not limited to sanitors and sanitation technicians.
Here's what you'll do:
- Supervise all activities for the cleaning and sanitation of the entire site including the processing, packaging, warehouse, and exterior areas.
- Proactively plans for next day required activities for the area according to master sanitation schedule.
- Work with multiple production departments to schedule sanitation activities and respond to sanitation problems.
- Monitor sanitation performance to verify procedures effectiveness.
- Manage chemical supply inventory.
- Monitor team member’s hours, breaks, lunch periods and schedules as efficiently as possible to minimize production downtime.
- Assist in development of new cleaning procedures and oversee the process to ensure that all equipment receives appropriate cleaning and sanitization periodically.
- Assist in the continuous improvement efforts at the facilities in Safety, Quality, Efficiency, Cost Productivity and Utilization.
- Conduct Safety and Food Safety audits to assure compliance to WC standards.
- Maintain audit readiness for Corporate, GMP, Government agencies, or other third party audits by ensuring all sanitation documentation is complete.
- Support the environmental and ATP programs.
- Daily auditing of the cleaning, inspections and 5S organization of the area.
- Teach and provide direction to employees to meet requirements.
- Interprets company policies and procedures to team members, works with them to resolve job problems.
- Ensure team members are trained in the safe, correct operation of sanitation equipment.
- Coach and inspire each member of their team to achieve a higher level of performance. Be a good role model in the department.
- Lead all safety meetings, incident investigations, follow-ups and audits as well as represent area in Safety committee meetings as a Safety Champion
- Ensure all safety meetings, incident investigations, follow-ups and audits are conducted in a timely manner as well as represent area in Safety committee meetings as a Safety Champion
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
- At least 1 to 2 years of a leadership role in a production environment preferred.
- The position requires precision and is very detail oriented.
- Speak, read and write in the English language, bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred.
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in oral and written form.
- Knowledge of fruit, fruit quality and grade characteristics is a plus but not required.
- Must work with fellow co-workers and promote a teamwork environment.
- Good problem-solving skills and communication.
- Basic computer skills; experience required using Microsoft Windows (i.e. Excel and Word).
- Basic mathematical skills required. Must understand ratios, minimums and maximums and percentages.
- Ability to multi-task and be comfortable in a fast-paced work setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit or stand and remain in a stationary position for 50% of the time. Must be able to move about inside and outside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, production machinery and farming machinery. Must be able to operates a computer for long periods of time and other productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer/label printer. Must be able to frequently ascend/descend stairs/ladder. Must be able to position self to maintain equipment in production environment, including under and above the equipment. Must be able to communicate with co-workers, supervisor and customers. Must be able to frequently move items weighing up to 50 pounds as needed. Must have the ability to wear a company approved face mask for part and or all of your shift. The face mask must cover the nose and mouth when being worn.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and extreme heat, wet and /or humid conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The employee will be required to use all personal protective equipment provided by the company in compliance with OSHA regulations.
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We’ve made Wonderful Pistachios one of America’s top-selling salty snacks. We’ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California’s top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world’s largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information