HR Generalist II
- Gloucester City, NJ, USA
Wonderful Citrus is America’s largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
Assists Human Resources Manager with all aspects of recruitment and selection; assists employees with general Human resources inquiries; maintain activities related to employee benefits and leave administration and will provide a variety of technical and employee support services related to the company’s employee benefits programs and safety programs; performs operational and clerical duties within the Human Resources Department ensuring confidentiality at all times.
Here's what you'll do:
- Inputs and updates information in HRIS system to ensure employee data information is up-to-date
- Provide explanation of Company’s employee benefits plans and policies/procedures during new hire orientations. Assist employees in preparation of enrollment applications and in the completion of other benefits materials
- Ensure that accurate benefit information and materials are available for employees
- Supports safety initiatives and safety audits.
- Supports the companies Open Enrollment program
- Supports the monthly HR Reports
- Conduct investigations and resolutions for HR and safety related matters.
- Assists employees and the public with information regarding HR policies and procedures
- Completes status change forms as needed
- Maintains personnel files
- Assists Human Resources staff in advertising of open positions, scheduling appointments and interviews, reference checks, including all clerical activities during the recruitment, selection process and new hire orientation
- Provides various information as requested by employees, while maintaining confidentiality
- Administers unemployment and life insurance function, including insurance payment & forms management
- Works on special projects/company functions as assigned
- Attends meetings, conferences and seminars as requested
- Works with 3rd party vendors on regarding all staffing requirements
- Works with time & attendance and payroll to resolve discrepancies
- Performs other duties as required
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
- High school diploma or equivalent; AA/AS in Business Administration or related field highly desirable.
- Three years progressively responsible technical and/or clerical experience in a Human resources department or similar environment.
- Vocational training program may substitute for one year of experience requirement.
- Knowledge of HR practices and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Windows and the Internet; experience with HRIS desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and the general public.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in daily operations; and conduct daily duties in a professional appearance and manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) desirable.
- Ability to type 30 wpm.
- Valid Driver’s License; acceptable driving record.
- Successful completion of substance abuse screening required upon offer of employment.
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving – a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees’ hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package – Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We’ve made Wonderful Pistachios one of America’s top-selling salty snacks. We’ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California’s top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world’s largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information