Learning & Organizational Development Specialist
- Delano, CA, USA
Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.
The L&OD Specialist supports a blend of design, delivery, and coordination of our Learning & Organizational Development programs and projects. This unique role offers the ability to work on a variety of programs across Wonderful Citrus’ vertically integrated functions – from farming, to packinghouse operations, to sales, and more. These programs range from in-person, to live virtual-led, to self-service e-learning and the L&OD Specialist will play a crucial role in designing compelling experiences across these formats. Curiosity, self-directed initiative, comfort with technology, empathy, and a growth mindset are all ingredients for success in this role.
Here’s what you’ll do:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build foundations. Partner with business leaders to establish foundational structure for learning programs, including skills/competence matrices, program & process management/documentation, integration with our LMS, and reporting of program effectiveness.
- Support design. Support design, development, and delivery of learning programs – facilitating the process for partner groups and participating in the process for L&OD programs.
- Continually improve. Drive learning program quality standards, including content, facilitation, and logistics measures, assessing against these standards, and supporting development of training-focused professionals. Review and update learning program content and delivery for relevance and quality.
- Deliver experiences. Oversee end-to-end training logistics needs, to include scheduling, instructor support, materials, catering, facilities, and tracking budget to spend
- Promote development. Partner with the internal communications team to create fresh, engaging content for our onsite and virtual communications around learning opportunities and outcomes.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, shall, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-year university; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Background in adult learning, leadership development, or training program management
- Prior experience with Learning Management Systems is a plus
- Strong proficiency in digital productivity tools (including MS office applications) and ability to work autonomously
- Proven skills for planning daily/weekly tasks and adapting to competing demands.
- Strong skills developing relationships and communicating across multiple professional levels and functions.
- Flexibility to occasionally travel to other Wonderful business units across the US, such as Texas and New Jersey (up to 4 times per year)
- Knowledge of/experience in agriculture or manufacturing industries preferred
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving - a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- Full benefits package -- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
EEO is the law - click here for more information